• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Custom Romeo 1.0 Ideas

Hitech Vojtech

I should Work at Oakley
Shanghai,China
Hi guys , i got small dilema :) Ihave Romeo 1.0 Ti/Gold i got couple of months ago,lenses slight scratches and Ti frame have some small stuffs too .I talked already to X-man(seeing his amazing stuff he did for you guys) sforo send them for refinish together with couple of juliets...
Thing is I always wanted X metal finish Romeos,but now after using Plasma juliets a lot these days I'm thinking make them plasma? My concern is if plasma Romeos don't look too big on your face or bit cheap with that size. But at the same time x metal could be bit too dark...I just never seen any other combos than Ti/gold in persons....
What's your ideas guys?
Would be happy for any pics to help me decide Thanx!!!

Rather than after market which are generally accepted to be crap,why not buy a set of custom cut lenses from one of the guys here,they a reasonably priced and are what belong in your Oakley frames.

Im actually new here do these guys make shipping to Europe? I'm based in Germany :( ,I know X-man offers shipping to Europe.If possible Oakley lens - that could be awesome get original Ruby lens on these bad boys :)

Rustpot has the right idea,in my humble opinion refinishing is a last resort for a near worthless frame,keep it original or trade it for what you want.

Rustpot: Actually I got coin and box with them but box that's Ti/gold but number on box is not matching frame number...maybe frame was replaced by warranty...anyway I wanted x metal,but I'm thinking they could be too dark...does anyone has latest plasma Romeos ? Aren't they looking too much polished? Thanx for help!

Nightpusher1: true...but I had an impression that the x-mans finish is so professional and close to original that guys send him even brand new frames to refinish into the color finish they want...I mean the Ti finish is not as brand new there are some scuffs do I thought it's best refinish them anyway....I'm in Germany I'm not seeing x metal Romeos on eBay lately that was the reason I got Ti/gold few months ago....not sure how to trade them either ...I thought in usa is bit better possibility to do this....but Thanx for idea....

The x-mans finish is very nice ,I just prefer to keep things original.
Below are photos of the 3 standard colourways and a custom X- Metal /Ice iridium pair.

I love them all but my fav is the custom, you can do exactly the same!

DSC01357_zps6dcd1f73.jpg
DSC01359_zps3419f769.jpg
DSC01361_zps2668153d.jpg
IMG_0757_zps2fe752b7.jpg
IMG_0763_zpsa1478945.jpg
IMG_0761_zps624731d7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanx for nice pics nightpusher1....
I see the plasma/fire looks bit too blink/shiny ... You are right the custom x metal/ice is kickass :) is the 2nd and 3rd pics from top titanium/gold or x metal flashed from camera?