1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. The Saint

The Saint Oakley Beginner

Guys,
    I just bought a pair of titanium R1, but the original lenses are pretty scratched. I'm trying to decide what color lenses to get, and about the only thing I know is that I want original Oakley lenses. I'm thinking Ice, Black, or maybe Positive Red.

Anyone have any pics of custom R1? Would love to see them if you do. Thanks.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

I know you've seen it but...

Custom Romeo 1 - Pics? - y8ava4em.jpg

3. marc2040

marc2040 Guest

4. The Saint

Thanks Marc. And q...yeah you're right I've seen those before, but def worth another look. Ice is probably my first choice.

5. bad fishy

bad fishy Oakley Expert

I had a set of 24k cut by Dr Chop. I love the look.

Custom Romeo 1 - Pics? - FC216831-6B49-4ED3-8B71-0F38BF99DFFD-1209-0000007BA6826056_zpsd0917781.jpg

6. The Saint

Wow. I do too. Those look great, fish!

7. Silent Oz

Silent Oz Oakley Enthusiast

These aren't actually mine, i took the pic from an ebay auction, not sure what lense they were cut from but they were advertised as custom cut from OEM blue iridium

Custom Romeo 1 - Pics? - 8478979437_d25d37f5d2_z.jpg
    . by Silent Oz, on Flickr

I like the purple in them, debating getting a set cut for my R1 if i can work out what lens they used for it

8. mpmcgaughey

mpmcgaughey Oakley Enthusiast

9 times out of 10 most people use a Radar or M Frame lense. You can also use a goggle lense aswell - which is how I got my Ruby Clear Gascan :eek:) And with the benefit of a goggle lense you can get VR50 Emerald, Ruby Clear, Pink Iridium, Titanium Clear or Gold Clear if you like those different lense tints you can't really find on sunglasses anymore!

9. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

Just sucks that they're not the right curve

10. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

err... thats how you do it the WRONG way and get the wrong curvature for xmetals. its fine for gascan cos they use the same curvature as the mframe lenses.. these were probably cut from fast Jacket lenses. blue is widely available for the fast jacket.