1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. jdd32

jdd32 X Metal Workshop

I'm an Engineer at heart and I love my x-metals. There's nothing more satisfying than going out to worksites wearing them to build on their character. Problem is dust and crap gets into my eyes, so here's my customization to turn one of my R1 into a dust-proof goggle. Comes in clear safety lenses (not shown) or my custom beat up Ruby that pays homage to Cyclops from X-Men.

Custom Romeo goggles - DSC_4505.jpg
    Custom Romeo goggles - DSC_4507.jpg
    Custom Romeo goggles - DSC_4510.jpg
    Custom Romeo goggles - DSC_4511.jpg
    Custom Romeo goggles - DSC_4512.jpg

And no, I don't rock my beret at job sites. I just can't be stuffed with my dirty hard hat in the middle of the night :p

Nortika, thisguy and Ventruck like this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Ventruck

Ventruck Oakley Expert

I'd think some black rubber gaskets can look cleaner, but can't argue if that foam(?) is difference between actually getting the job done and merely looking the part. Nice

3. jdd32

jdd32 X Metal Workshop

I picked the grey foam because it looked more natural with the x-metal grey finish and had some lying around. I custom made the black goggle straps as I couldn't find anything that I liked. It was a quick custom job as I was fed up with the crap goggles when I was doing a bathroom remodelling job for 10+hours a day 3 months straight. You have no idea how much dust and shrapnel is in a bathroom remodel until you actually do one yourself... especially when it involves a jackhammer to strip down mosaic tiles! :eek:

4. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

Do you have any trouble with them fogging up?

5. jdd32

jdd32 X Metal Workshop

Only slightly when I first put them on. Having said that, I haven't tried them in cold environments yet.