• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Custom USA Fuel Cell....

sideways

Oakley Expert
Texas
So lately I've been thinking about doing an OCP fuel cell and trying out the stem customization. I wanted to do something with the American flag icon and here is what I came up with...
fuels.jpg

What do you guys think?

How true are the actual colors to the Oakley computer generated ones? (assuming some of you have customized the stems)

*UPDATE* added Ice lenses for comparison
fuels2.jpg

Did you try in a white frame? I hate to say it but if you're going for the "'Merica!" theme I would make them white. Or do Ice lenses instead.

Or white frame with Ice lenses would look killer too with the same pattern as above.

my original thought was to do a white frame but for whatever reason when customizing the stems, Oakley only lists polished or matte black as frame options.:blink:

I like the first but one but would do ruby instead of fire iridium lenses. Ruby is more red and fire is more orange in person.

the first lens is ruby, the computer generated colors just look weird lol

Hmm def looks like fire even on their custom site it looks closer to simulated fire than ruby. I say go with first one but polished instead of matte black.

BAPD77 said:
Hmm def looks like fire even on their custom site it looks closer to simulated fire than ruby. I say go with first one but polished instead of matte black.

Ya I don't like the way Oakley simulates the colors, they are very misleading sometimes.

I think this will be ordered come payday:thumb:

Ya I don't like the way Oakley simulates the colors, they are very misleading sometimes.

Speaking of which...it appears that some of the colors for the custom earstem artwork are off on the web site too. See thread below:

http://www.oakleyforum.com/recent-oakley-purchases/187-oakley-fuel-cell-customized-stem.html

I'm planning to visit HQ in a few weeks, an hoping I can check out some of the custom stem prints in person before buying my custom pair. Last I heard, they offer a fourth design that you can only get at the HQ shop.

NiGHTSx2 said:
Speaking of which...it appears that some of the colors for the custom earstem artwork are off on the web site too. See thread below:

http://www.oakleyforum.com/recent-oakley-purchases/187-oakley-fuel-cell-customized-stem.html

I'm planning to visit HQ in a few weeks, an hoping I can check out some of the custom stem prints in person before buying my custom pair. Last I heard, they offer a fourth design that you can only get at the HQ shop.

Wow, huge differenc! Good thing is that the blue in person matches the icon a lot better.

Do you have any pictures of the fourth design?

Back