• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Custom work gallery - Images of customs you've done.

Black Ti02 Juliet (@THE X-MAN ) with OO Blue Ichiro lenses.
image.jpg

Done by Chop.
IMG_0134.jpg

If my elementary paint knowledge is correct, the thinner urethane (?) paint isn't the most robust option, but I asked for it and looked to make it regular wear for cycling. Only the tips seem vulnerable and Chop re-did them with matte Cerakote. I know the original silver paint wore right at the tips too. Makes me wonder how pairs like Antifreeze hold up long term.

Done by Chop.
IMG_0134.jpg

If my elementary paint knowledge is correct, the thinner urethane (?) paint isn't the most robust option, but I asked for it and looked to make it regular wear for cycling. Only the tips seem vulnerable and Chop re-did them with matte Cerakote. I know the original silver paint wore right at the tips too. Makes me wonder how pairs like Antifreeze hold up long term.
Because the actual plastic is colored not painted.

Done by Chop.
IMG_0134.jpg

Urethane has nothing to do with this...It was the Cerakote Clear that was used on this was the "guinea pig" pair. That's why it's here being re-finished and spiffed up. The others in the crystal line up I have done have held fine, but they were Urethane start to finish, no alternative clear. They will be done proper, no sweat. Your car is painted with urethane, I think that is fairly robust. Unless it's a new waterborne finish, but still cleared in Urethane.

Urethane has nothing to do with this...It was the Cerakote Clear that was used on this was the "guinea pig" pair. That's why it's here being re-finished and spiffed up. The others in the crystal line up I have done have held fine, but they were Urethane start to finish, no alternative clear. They will be done proper, no sweat. Your car is painted with urethane, I think that is fairly robust. Unless it's a new waterborne finish, but still cleared in Urethane.

Ah, my mistake. I remember the mention of urethane, but appears I misunderstood the situation. Thanks for the clarification (and qtrain too).

Have a few of these coming in the upcoming day:

Corvette Yellow Oil Drum
25F48881-FB6B-48B4-850E-7CF04A2B747B.jpg

Blue Oil Rig
4CB65EB0-DC59-4A2A-8D3B-0AE1EF750D98.jpg

Another Custom Matte Clear Oil Rig Zombie Greem/Emerald Iridium
C8BBC9FB-D4AC-4D05-98A5-14E18EFD40AC.jpg

Back