• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cut The Cable Cord

I like the idea of comcast offering me the 10+ channel package with HD locals and HBO for the price of their 50mbps internet. It saves me from having to use an OTA all the while saving me $$

From what ive read in order to watch espn for example via roku you have to have a subscription from a television provider which includes espn programming....if this is true this sucks.

From what ive read in order to watch espn for example via roku you have to have a subscription from a television provider which includes espn programming....if this is true this sucks.
That is true. I cut the cord a while back, and have had to resort to streaming sports through Wiziwig for free, albeit low quality, or watching football at local restaurants/bars. I still don't regret it. I am saving a ton of money not paying for TV subscriptions now just to watch sports.

That is true. I cut the cord a while back, and have had to resort to streaming sports through Wiziwig for free, albeit low quality, or watching football at local restaurants/bars. I still don't regret it. I am saving a ton of money not paying for TV subscriptions now just to watch sports.
Football (NFL) I can get via local (NBC, Fox CBS) but college games on ESPN I need to be able to watch. Also Big 10 basketball via Big 10 network. There HAS to be a way....

I just got Roku 3 boxes 2 weeks ago... I'm still on the fence and learning.... One letdown for me was still having to pay $.99 -$2.99 per episode for some TV shows. I was under the impression all TV shows were free with a Hulu or Netflix subscription. Not regretting but still learning. I do like saving about $100 a month watch TV.

Football (NFL) I can get via local (NBC, Fox CBS) but college games on ESPN I need to be able to watch. Also Big 10 basketball via Big 10 network. There HAS to be a way....
Wiziwig man. That's all I have found so far. I used to have the ESPN player that was a paid internet streaming subscription, but they stopped doing that and only offer it overseas now, which I am still baffled by.

I just got Roku 3 boxes 2 weeks ago... I'm still on the fence and learning.... One letdown for me was still having to pay $.99 -$2.99 per episode for some TV shows. I was under the impression all TV shows were free with a Hulu or Netflix subscription. Not regretting but still learning. I do like saving about $100 a month watch TV.
They reel you in with all of the free streaming, and then get you with having to pay for some newer titles. It's still worth it though for sure. I free stream the paid titles.

Wiziwig man. That's all I have found so far. I used to have the ESPN player that was a paid internet streaming subscription, but they stopped doing that and only offer it overseas now, which I am still baffled by.
Damn don't tell me this. I have to have espn and big 10 network as options.....wiziwig cost? And is it only for espn or does it allow other channels?

I've been leaning toward going with a Roku 3 or the newer Amazon fire tv paired with Hulu plus and either netflix and/or amazon prime. Just those darn sports

Back