• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cutting Lenses For X-Squared

I was wondering if the demensions of the Fuel Cell or Batwolf lenses would work to be cut down with x squared?

I was wondering if the demensions of the Fuel Cell or Batwolf lenses would work to be cut down with x squared?

The Fuel Cell will work, the lenses are cut and in the frames. I'll post a pic when its done , i'm having trouble getting the screw to go back in the orbital.

The IH split jacket violet lens has the same base curve needed to do a chop for an XS..... I am already in the process of making an IH inspired X Squared with the etched IH logo retained in the lens..... Whats nice to if you buy the IH split jacket you can use the gray lenses for the split jacket and the violet ones can be chopped, makes it nice that the extra lenses are included..

If you get the IH fuel cells and pull those lenses, then you either have to buy new lenses for the fuel cell or sell the frame. I cant be for sure if the curve on the IH fuel cell is the same or not. Never tried it....

Batwolf lenses dont have the same curve, I wouldn't suggest using them. Cutting lenses for an XS are not easy. If they are not right on the money, you will have a hard time getting the orbitals back together. I have tried a test lens to do this and you have to be exact. If this is you first chop, get a pair of junk lenses with the same base curve and try it first....

are there any newer donor lens, that is not included in the list, that can be used for XS?donor availability can be a bit hard these days..

It appears turbine's are slightly shorter and slight wider than Big Taco.

Limited colors, but ruby, jade and sapphire are available and generally desirable.

Back