• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cutting Lenses For X-Squared

are there any newer donor lens, that is not included in the list, that can be used for XS?donor availability can be a bit hard these days..
I managed to find some Polarized Violet Big Taco lenses from a guy on here......

they were cut for my XS.....

IMG_5907.JPG

Yeah the XS is a pain. I has some Ice Pol cut from some Big Tacos recently and the cut is FAR from perfect- especially on one lens which needs to be either a little bit smaller or have the edges beveled down more so it can seat further into the frame. I have the slightest cut edge visible in a couple spots at the rim from the inside. They'll do and nobody but me will notice but it definitely proves the point that ideally custom cuts for X Metals should be done with the intended frame in the cutters hands

It appears turbine's are slightly shorter and slight wider than Big Taco.

Limited colors, but ruby, jade and sapphire are available and generally desirable.

thanks!would highly consider that suggestion for a ruby cut..

Last edited:
They'll do and nobody but me will notice but it definitely proves the point that ideally custom cuts for X Metals should be done with the intended frame in the cutters hands
that's exactly what I did for my XS...

glad I did it too :)

I know this is an old thread but can anyone verify it the Turbines or Turbine rotors will work as donors for the X squareds?

They are plenty big to use but turbine are incorrect curve if you are looking to have the correct base curve lens that came in x metals.

Back