• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cutting Lenses - What Works

It's not as bad as using base 6 lenses. They're acceptable cheaper alternative and I've done them as well but only for special colors where I can't source the correct base 8.75 lenses.

WP_20150723_002.jpg
Still not sure how he pulled it off given his mechanical issues. Custom cuts, courtesy of @InfiniteHero, showed up today.

So before someone mouths off i have searched and with no joy .

So my question is has anyone ever done a custom cut Transition-Photochromic lenses and if so does it change the characteristics of the lens ?
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated .

So my question is has anyone ever done a custom cut Transition-Photochromic lenses and if so does it change the characteristics of the lens ?
Hey I'm here to mouth off.

Also yes it can and has been done. Awhile back the vault had some jawbone or something lenses that worked for Juliet cuts that people bought and chopped.

Edit: forgot to add it shouldn't change the way the lens works.

I have some G40 Photochromics in a Juliet, cut by IH.

Hey guys,

What are the best doner lenses in

Purple Iridium/Infinite Hero Polar
Positive Red Polar

For R1 and XMXX.

Preference would be a lens large enough like a Big Taco to completely eliminate the "Polarized" etching.

Note for @qtrain23 that the new sheet should extra notes or columns for...
- etching preserved (Polarized, Prizm, IH, Photochromic, etc)
- etching avoided (complete omission)
- etching cropped

As always, more than happy to bring my OEM sets of XMetal lenses and PB to the Oakley store and compare.

Latest Posts

Back