1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Darkarchangel

Darkarchangel Oakley Beginner

Has anybody in the forums try the DIY guide for cutting their on lenses. I was thinking of cutting a M frame lenses to replace my minute lenses.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. xInZax

xInZax Gascan Addict

I've had the same question. Someone told me that using a dremel and a belt sander would probably work the best. The school I work at also has a laser cutter though too...but I have no idea if that would cut haha.

3. RetinaBurn

RetinaBurn Oakley Enthusiast

I have done it and it does work. You need to be very careful and take your time. The DIY on the O-review by Josh is very informative. It's best if you can practice on a junk lens or two first.

4. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

I have all the necessary tools an gear to do this. I just need to pick up the premask tape, which can be obtained from any sign shop. I am thinking of doing this soon.

5. xInZax

xInZax Gascan Addict

Anyone have a better technique to extend the nosepieces on o-matter frames? This sounds soooo strange, but I need to use Juliet Nose bombs to make the Fuel Cell's fit me properly haha. (I always have a backup frame for each) lol.

6. xInZax

xInZax Gascan Addict

7. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

Haha! i got that too, but using the larger nose pieces solved that problem for me. I think the Half-X lenses are too big anyway, looks awkward.

photos when you do it!

8. Oakleynerd

Oakleynerd Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

which curved shield can be used for which set lenses?

M-Frame
    Radar
    Goggles

we should create a list?!?

9. xInZax

xInZax Gascan Addict

Yes, that's a great idea! I was wondering that. What I find that makes me a little uneasy is the amount of waste you get off the shields, but I guess there's no real other way. Good idea though OakleyNerd! I'll try and match some of my lenses up tonight and see if they fit on my M-Frame

10. Typhoon

Typhoon Oakley Enthusiast

If you have LensCrafters or similar store near you they can cut it for you professionally. One machines traces the shape of the inner orbital on the frame and another cuts and polishes the edges to the exact shape. My local Vision Express store charge £15 to cut lens.