• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cycling Fans Behold!

Def not the only Cycling fan on here. Although the UCI WC is more my speed, I picked up the Cavendish Radarlock and TDF FC in my June haul

Hi All. Seeking some advice on cycling glasses. I'm torn between a pair of radars and the racing jackets at the moment. The issues is I have a wider nose bridge which means that most eyewear sits either too high up, or too far from my face.

This means that most glasses are redundant from cycling as the wind/rain/bugs can get in behind them. Can anyone recommend a pair of Oakleys which will fit a larger nose please? Think of a broken nose (but possibly not as fat!). I'm thinking about radarlock XL or racing jackets at the mo.

Would appreciate all of your advice. Thanks in advance!

I second that, would love to see Jens take a stage win.

I think the big wild card for the top spot is Andy Schleck, no one really knows what kind of shape he is in. He had some good climbs in the Tour de Suisse.
I don't think he will be a factor in the last week. I will go so far as to say I won't be surprised if he DNF's. I think his injury is giving him issues that aren't publicized to well and he might have some "pain management" trouble.

I don't think he will be a factor in the last week. I will go so far as to say I won't be surprised if he DNF's. I think his injury is giving him issues that aren't publicized to well and he might have some "pain management" trouble.

Or he could be pulling a page out of Lance's playbook when he acted sick on the stage, letting T Mobile do all the work, then winning the stage and the Tour

He could be. If you listen to his interviews, he's surprised he's not being considered at all. Maybe he was holding back... but without his brother Frank i'm not sure how much support he'll have in the mountains. Jens is 41 and can't quite hit those big climbs anymore, but I would love for him to take a break away stage win sometime.

Hi All. Seeking some advice on cycling glasses. I'm torn between a pair of radars and the racing jackets at the moment. The issues is I have a wider nose bridge which means that most eyewear sits either too high up, or too far from my face.

This means that most glasses are redundant from cycling as the wind/rain/bugs can get in behind them. Can anyone recommend a pair of Oakleys which will fit a larger nose please? Think of a broken nose (but possibly not as fat!). I'm thinking about radarlock XL or racing jackets at the mo.

Would appreciate all of your advice. Thanks in advance!

I have both the Radar (Path's though) and the Racing Jackets. In your case, I would recommend the Racing Jackets. If you're using them for cycling, make sure to get them vented or you'll fog up a lot. I have both of the Radar and RJ's vented and barely ever fog, only on the hardest mountains and only a little if at all.

I got the Radarlock XL and upgraded the lens. I dont care who wins as long as their is some competition. Im not a fan of sprinters as I can barely get out of my own way on a bike. I want to see a real shoot out on the epic climbs and not a hundred mile coast punctuate with 3Km of riding hard.

Just watched the TdF introductions, and the teams sponsored by Oakley are all wearing these TdF glasses, especially the Radioshack Leopard Trek guys

Back