1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Dallas O Hog

Dallas O Hog O.C.D. Oakley Collecting Disorder haha Premium Member Lifetime Member

Well who would have thought a year and a half later and I'd be as active as I am on the forum. Do I know everything, nope but I try when I can. I have been fortunate to meet and talk with some awesome people who are passionate about a brand as I am. First I want to thank my wife, for not holding me back and letting me find my way around and get my collection off the ground. Second @OakleyBoss for creating a forum for all of us to be able to share our knowledge and collections.

The fishing forum I am on, I talk to a few guys but havent really made any friends per se. Here, I have been lucky that I have several guys I can call my friend. @atrain @i am rich @bad fishy we represented TX in our meet and showed off some nice pieces. Cool guys and all about Texas and Oakleys haha.

@Gecko for sucking up all my money lately but being one of the main ring leaders with @CarGuy @OakleyBoss84 with getting my collection off the ground. Yeah I got made fun of for not knowing a few things but in the end, got me some awesome pieces for my collection.

I know international shipping, most don't do but lucky for me, whether I shipped to them or them to me @Oakster @mercbezerk @sibolang @Valkie 2 @Rubyskull @mjt42 all helped a young pup out. Some just sent rubbers, other grail pieces that had to be a staple in my collection. @tavers for leading me to my C-6 which I then turned around and mailed him some stuff from warranty as he's out of the country. Just love that goes full circle.

Appreciate the @THE X-MAN and @xmetalmaniac for getting me a few customs finished with the @dr.chop These guys are on top of their game and I will be contacting soon for another custom!

I have also dealt with @greg @Brett28 @atty_65 @gs300 @Dyeraudio @Nikkonx @FearGearGarage @Skripter2k that have all lead me to pieces I have added to the Hog Pen. The Hog Pen started out as a joke as my first vacation with the wife, I won a stuffed pig and its kinda morphed from there. I will post pics of our little family haha. So figured with running joke with us, I'd move that over to the forum.

But anyways back to the subject at hand. Yes some of my 3,000 posts were bs or messing around but I am still here kicking. I started with less than 15 pairs with only two being x-metals and now I am at over 65 pairs. but not just 65 Oakley's but awesome pieces that would be a staple or grail in any collection. I don't have the best, heck I may not have the best in TX but my goal was to make it unique, rare and have a quality feel to it. I still kick myself I couldn't make it to Red and I was newer so wasn't as into the forum as I am now but even though I haven't met most, I consider you guys friends. I met X-mans wife this week and it was like I knew her for years. NOOOO I didn't hit on the pretty woman but goes to show that regardless of region, quantity of glasses, when you meet and have that O love, you click. Her coworkers probably thought we were nuts but was cool sharing stories.

Well I am probably rambing as its 2 a.m. but I had a killer 2 weeks with still a grail to be shipped and working final details on last piece. Then I can slow down. Pics to be posted in this thread in a few. I appreciate everything guys and may I get enough glasses that I need a third case!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Dallas O Hog

Dallas O Hog O.C.D. Oakley Collecting Disorder haha Premium Member Lifetime Member

Dallas O Hog's 3,000 hit I mean post haha - uploadfromtaptalk1409469436470.jpg Dallas O Hog's 3,000 hit I mean post haha - uploadfromtaptalk1409469448910.jpg Dallas O Hog's 3,000 hit I mean post haha - uploadfromtaptalk1409469459111.jpg Dallas O Hog's 3,000 hit I mean post haha - uploadfromtaptalk1409469467853.jpg Dallas O Hog's 3,000 hit I mean post haha - uploadfromtaptalk1409469476382.jpg Dallas O Hog's 3,000 hit I mean post haha - uploadfromtaptalk1409469486640.jpg Dallas O Hog's 3,000 hit I mean post haha - uploadfromtaptalk1409469497956.jpg Dallas O Hog's 3,000 hit I mean post haha - uploadfromtaptalk1409469509297.jpg
    And a Kevin Van Dam fast jacket on way

kronin323, Rusty M, atty_65 and 5 others like this.
  3. Dallas O Hog

Hope I didn't miss anyone. Thanks guys. These last 10 to 15 days have had a huge haul

4. Nortika

Nortika Oakley Expert Premium Member

Congratulations on reaching 3000 post's :drinks:

Dallas O Hog likes this.
  5. bad fishy

bad fishy Oakley Expert

Congrats man. Can't wait for the next meet up. Hope you're still gonna have us in Dallas!

Dallas O Hog likes this.
  6. GRFMotorsports

GRFMotorsports is an Oakley whore Premium Member

Congrats on your 3000th post and your collection overall. The Hog "Pin" has come a long way in a short amount of time! Its a great little place here to feed each others addictions. Kinda like having AA meeting at an open bar. May your next 3000 be just a fun as the last! Cheers! :drinks:

Dallas O Hog likes this.
  7. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

CONGRATS!!! Well earned! The O addiction has you locked up!

Dallas O Hog likes this.
  8. Ecko

Ecko Team RamRod Staff Member Premium Member

That is a milestone for sure, you have been a great addition to the community.

9. washi me sensie

washi me sensie The Oakley R┼Źnin

You missed me! I bought a pin from you. Lol! Congrats on the milestone bro

10. greg

greg Oakley Enthusiast

Man I enjoyed this post very much!!! Always know I got your back and if I can help with anything just give me a call!!!