• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Damn airlines!!!!

I had some damage to an Oakley large roller once, years ago. Oakley luggage is kind of crappy quality anyhow, but I still buy it for the looks

I dont agree with the quality statement. I had mine for 7 years + and have traveled all over with it with absolutely no issues till this one flight. The only damage, if you want to call it that, was a couple rub marks on the seams. Mine was built very well. It got damaged due to poor handling and obviously being dropped from a distance multiple times. Now its busted from one end to the other, that doesnt happen with normal handling.

Mine was Delta as well and I know it happened either in ATL of at home here and Im pretty sure it didnt happen here.

Almost makes you wonder if someone notices that it's "Oakley" and they want to see how much abuse it can take.

That's to bad though, sorry fellas...

1. Go to gun store
  2. Buy cheapest POS handgun in the case
  3. (optional) render firearm inoperable
  4. Research laws of destination and layover states
  5. Toss gun in bag
  6. Enjoy flying and bag handling BLISS for checked bags.
You declare and get inspected at the ticket counter and you use the luggage as the locked case. NO ONE is allowed in that bag by federal law. The airline must absolutely ensure your bag remains in your "possession" on your flight and following your movements. If anything does happen you lose a cheap (optionally non-functioning) gun and get to absolutely HAND THEM THEIR A$SES for losing a firearm.

Back