• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Damn Bike Shops...

Come on now, to be fair, you've walked in to his shop and basically said "I don't want the products on the shelf, I just want the shelf."

haha thats true but if he was gonna pay for it dont really see the big deal, if he asked if he wanted to give it away different story

haha thats true but if he was gonna pay for it dont really see the big deal, if he asked if he wanted to give it away different story

Yeah, but it wasn't for sale. It's wasn't an Oakley Display Stand store. It's like walking in to a clothes shop and asking to buy the clothing racks instead, or going in to a grocery store and asking to buy the freezers they store their food in. Imagine hosting a garage sale and then someone comes in and wants to buy the garage itself. Just because stores sell things doesn't mean they will sell the store itself. They'd probably think you were a bit of a nut case for asking.

Yeah, but it wasn't for sale. It's wasn't an Oakley Display Stand store. It's like walking in to a clothes shop and asking to buy the clothing racks instead, or going in to a grocery store and asking to buy the freezers they store their food in. Imagine hosting a garage sale and then someone comes in and wants to buy the garage itself. Just because stores sell things doesn't mean they will sell the store itself. They'd probably think you were a bit of a nut case for asking.

Very true, ive asked my fair share of people and they do look at me like im pretty crazy, but most times they ask why and i explain then they laugh and say sorry bud if we ever do think about tossing it well will let you know. but i do totally get what your saying and ur totally right

I dunno. If I were that store owner I'd at least listen to what the offer was. I mean, if someone walked into my store and asked me for a display case and was offering good money I'd sell it or at least consider it. There's no need to feel insulted over a customer asking for it. Dude needs to lighten up.

When I was in Newport, RI last month I walked into a Helly Hansen store that sold Oakleys according to the Oakley website. I could not find any Oakleys in there at all. What I did see was a case that looked familiar to me but it had knives in it (not sure what kind). On top of the case was a home made sign that said something (don't remember what) and it was covering the Oakley branding on the case. I thought about making an offer on the case, but since it was being used for something else..... AND....my wife was me with me, I thought better of it and just walked away.

If it's empty it aint been used right? So why not ask if he wants to sell it. He'd have made more money on that one deal that he makes in a month selling the glasses i bet. I bet he doesn't know how much it's worth .................................. LOL

Latest Posts

Back