• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Darkest Lens, prism /Polorized

bean323

Oakley Expert
so cal
Hey there!

Got the girlfriend to like the pit boss glasses but she says the lens isn't as dark as her 30 dollar "good" ray bans.

which len provides the most dark but clarity?

thanks

thanks.. she has a eye disease and needs less light. i tell her the polarized lets in more good light then the old uv lens.

There are a couple more lenses with 9% transmission, ice polar and gold polar, but I'm not aware of anything Oakley do that is darker. PBs 1 and 2 both had black iridium polar in some of the colourways too.

Yep, BIP and Ice Polar are the darkest. But increasing light trans % by a measly 1% (to 10%) adds a lot more variety, including more contrast bases, such as VR28 BIP...

Lenes that let in Med light. good contrast. I think vr 28 and 00 postive good I have those .Please make suggestions. thanks! I were mine dawn till dusk

I found this site very helpful in trying to learn the basic differences between Oakley lenses...
Oakley Sunglasses Lens Tint Guide | evo

oakley-lens-guide-9513.jpg

Last edited:
yea.. thanks for the info and the chart. she thinks her ray bans are darker. i explain that they are just a dark tint. whereas polarized lets more light in with less harm. i explain thats why old people wear those ugly brown lens glasses.. lol

thanks you again!!

looks like i may have to trade my PB2 for some badman's.

yea.. thanks for the info and the chart. she thinks her ray bans are darker. i explain that they are just a dark tint. whereas polarized lets more light in with less harm. i explain thats why old people wear those ugly brown lens glasses.. lol

thanks you again!!

looks like i may have to trade my PB2 for some badman's.
Polarized lenses reduce glare.

Back