• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

David Flores Blue Gascan Question

The_Darkone

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
North Carolina
I have read the forum links and discussions about serial numbers, glasses being "pulled and destroyed", and unknown number serialized/unserialized in the wild. But how do you tell the difference between First run and Second run versions of the glasses? Also why was there a second run if all the first one's were pulled because of his legal battles?

I have a blue pair with no serial number etched on them but has the number V00000001508 on the box, might be missing a few zero's. How do I know what run version they are? Are there any markings to distinguish the two runs?

If there is a discussion thread on this I missed please just let me know.

Thanks for any info!

I think the confusion in saying 2 runs. The blue has some that have serials on the arms and some do not

Sent from: Outer Space

I think the confusion in saying 2 runs. The blue has some that have serials on the arms and some do not

like check this link out, I see he's a newbie but don't know his background. Maybe run was a bad word. In the link it refers to it as 2nd version. I have seen that a lot about 1st vs 2nd so maybe it is about the serialized vs. non serialized.

For Sale - DAVID FLORES GASCAN - NIB

like check this link out, I see he's a newbie but don't know his background. Maybe run was a bad word. In the link it refers to it as 2nd version. I have seen that a lot about 1st vs 2nd so maybe it is about the serialized vs. non serialized.

For Sale - DAVID FLORES GASCAN - NIB
He may mean second as first was brown, then blue

@The_Darkone - 2nd edition meaning the 2nd release of a David Flores gascan. As far as I know there weren't any releases without etched numbers in the left inside corner. And yes, we had to destroy approximately 3/4 of the run of 2500 of this blue version.