• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

DB Sez What?

kronin323

Font of Useless Knowledge
Austin, TX
Let's pretend for a moment...

Pretend Lux has completed its world domination of the sunglasses market - every brand everywhere is now owned by Lux. Without explanation, they discontinue every brand except Oakley and force a massive police-state recall of every non-Oakley pair for destruction. Afterwards, every pair of sunglasses on Earth are Oakleys.

Lux announces that, not only will they not be bringing back any of the discontinued Oakley lines, but they will no longer introduce new models. Only the lines currently available can be bought from now on.

I will not ask which pairs would be considered the most prestigious; the answers seem obvious.

The question I wish to pose the forum is, in this pretend Brave New World of Lux, which frames would be considered the most douchebaggy?

(I know "anything with white frames" fits, but I'm not looking for specific colorways, just the frame style.)

(If this post gets a good response and a majority opinion is not clear, I may follow this up with a poll based on the nominations made here. Or maybe not...)

I don't think any style is DBy, or any color way for that matter. There are styles and color ways that I don't like and even some I find ridiculous, but people should buy and wear what they like. I know that, personally, if someone thinks I am a DB because of the shades I wear they are probably not someone who's opinion I care much about anyhow.

I don't think any style is DBy, or any color way for that matter. There are styles and color ways that I don't like and even some I find ridiculous, but people should buy and wear what they like. I know that, personally, if someone thinks I am a DB because of the shades I wear they are probably not someone who's opinion I care much about anyhow.

Don't make this too serious - this is a pretend thing where people can voice their personal opinions; I'm not trying to shame anybody...

No worries. Not taking it too seriously at all, nor am I offended. I just don't personally enjoy calling someone a DB based on his or her choice of eyewear. All good.

No worries. Not taking it too seriously at all, nor am I offended. I just don't personally enjoy calling someone a DB based on his or her choice of eyewear. All good.

Understood and thanks, but to be clear, we're not calling anyone a DB, just nominating the most DB'y frame...

Fine, fine, I'm gonna go with Over the Top. I'm proud of my beautiful pair, but seriously, that's my vote.

Latest Posts

Back