• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Deal that went wrong - paid for sunglasses, didn't receive them - What are my options right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mihaixp

Oakley Beginner
Hello guys,

A couple of months ago I placed a WTB topic, a fellow forum member answered with an offer, I accepted and paid immediately (with PP Gift given that we are fellow forum members - I presumed we can trust each other).

It's been over 2 months and I still haven't received the sunglasses; a couple of weeks ago he told me that he will refund me but since then, the respective forum member stopped answering my PMs at all.

What can I do? How can I, at least, leave a negative feedback?

Thanks in advance,
Mihai

I accepted and paid immediately (with PP Gift given that we are fellow forum members - I presumed we can trust each other).
there's probably less than 10 people I would do that with on this forum.....

I don't think you can do anything at this time except swallow the proverbial pill.....

did you buy a cheap set of Holbrooks or Radars !?!?

or did you go all in with some XMetals ??

depending on your answer, the pill may go down a bit easier....

Well that's the second time Carlos has done this...

Sorry to say but even here on the forum where you should be able to trust someone if you do not know that person or they don't have a solid reputation you should never pay F&F. Is it really worth it to say 3-4% in fees?

Think of it this way. $100=$4. $200=$8 $300=$12 and so on.

What could you possibly buy from someone that would warrant you trying to save $4-$12???

I'm afraid you lost some cash but learned a lesson on this one.

Another reason to not send money friends and family unless they are really that. I am sorry for your luck as I have had several dealings with Carlos and use to speak to him frequently. I have since lost all contact with him and all the numbers I have for him do not work. Last I knew he was out of the country taking care of his mother.

If I'm reading the OP correctly, the question is how to leave a record of this bad transaction in a place where other members can see it. Leave bad feedback? Post to Profile? Or something else?

Sorry to say but even here on the forum where you should be able to trust someone if you do not know that person or they don't have a solid reputation you should never pay F&F. Is it really worth it to say 3-4% in fees?

Think of it this way. $100=$4. $200=$8 $300=$12 and so on.

What could you possibly buy from someone that would warrant you trying to save $4-$12???

I'm afraid you lost some cash but learned a lesson on this one.
Yeah to save fees on an International transaction is not wise. I am presuming that there were other options but perhaps though the seller insisted on this for an International deal so there were no other options.
If the case is that he insisted on gift/F&F for an International deal I would walk- no run- away from that deal. Way too much downside.
At this point yes, negative feedback would be about your only option. Click on his member name, click on the "view trading profile" link, click on the red "leave feedback" button in the upper right hand portion of the screen and have at it.

Thank you all for the kind words. It really was unexpected, I have done a lot of deals (mostly with watches, they are my main hobby right now) and I never had any trust issues so far, that is why I went on with confidence and sent the money via PP Gift. Looks like I learned an important lesson now.

I successfully left a feedback for Carlos too. Thanks for the tips.

@Litos: I bought a pair of Flaks 2.0 (I already have a pair of the 1st gen model and I really wanted the new model) but right now it seems like I have to wait awhile to gather money for another pair.

Cheers,
Mihai

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back