• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Deal that went wrong - paid for sunglasses, didn't receive them - What are my options right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simply put, do not make assumptions that someone on this forum shares the same interest that many others do and handles themselves with honesty and integrity. I have been burned by family members. That only happens once. I will not give anyone the opportunity to do that again. If you are comfortable with gambling just know that the odds are against you. Reagan said Trust but Verify. I think he left off the part about PP but that's what he meant. He told me so.

That's too bad, It really is unfortunate that you cant trust anyone these days, and I'm guessing he's a premium member? or lifetime member? can't they shut him out of this forum? Legally?

can't they shut him out of this forum? Legally?

Legally yes he can be banned. It's really up to the mods for enforcement; his original account was suspended from the exchange but not banned. And though he may have screwed people over, the right way to handle it was debatable - banning him removes any possibility of resolving the disputes via the forum.

But creating a duplicate account is a blatant violation of forum rules, which should result in a ban, if the mods choose to enforce it.

even if they IP Ban him, there's a bazillion ways of getting around that...

you will never truly eliminate someone from an internet forum, unless you eliminate him......

not making a suggestion or anything - just sayin.....

even if they IP Ban him, there's a bazillion ways of getting around that...

you will never truly eliminate someone from an internet forum, unless you eliminate him......

not making a suggestion or anything - just sayin.....

Yeah nothing's foolproof but not everybody is savvy enough to know, or dedicated enough to use, the workarounds...

They really should. it only takes one doesn't it? I wouln't be happy with someone like this, and I would have also assumed, given I'm new to the forum, that it was safe. Let's keep it that way.

They really should. it only takes one doesn't it? I wouln't be happy with someone like this, and I would have also assumed, given I'm new to the forum, that it was safe. Let's keep it that way.

Well OakleyBoss watches this help section so he'll see this thread, if he isn't already aware of the situation. We'll see what he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back