• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Deal that went wrong - paid for sunglasses, didn't receive them - What are my options right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In light of the topic being discussed here I have a question. What do you guys think of someone who says they don't use PayPal? But want you to wire the money to them bc they don't feel safe using.

In light of the topic being discussed here I have a question. What do you guys think of someone who says they don't use PayPal? But want you to wire the money to them bc they don't feel safe using.
Avoid! If you are going to wire them money then kiss it goodbye..... Paypal is VERY safe AND you will be protected when they try to screw you over.

If you wire them funds you are screwed the second that wire goes through.

AFAIK wire transfers provide no buyer protection. If this is through an ebay auction you have the protection they provide, but with wire transfer they can't force a refund, so that's not worth much.

So I wouldn't do it; they need to man up and use PayPal or GTFO. If they're scared of PayPal, that's their problem.

(You know, the above sentence is a lot funnier if you substitute "PP" for "PayPal"... :D)

Avoid! If you are going to wire them money then kiss it goodbye..... Paypal is VERY safe AND you will be protected when they try to screw you over.

If you wire them funds you are screwed the second that wire goes through.

AFAIK wire transfers provide no buyer protection. If this is through an ebay auction you have the protection they provide, but with wire transfer they can't force a refund, so that's not worth much.

So I wouldn't do it; they need to man up and use PayPal or GTFO. If they're scared of PayPal, that's their problem.

(You know, the above sentence is a lot funnier if you substitute "PP" for "PayPal"... :D)

plus you give them your banking info that they could then use for fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back