• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Deal Thread Between MaukaRunner And Tunney Prime

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username Hidden

This is a deal thread between myself and Tunney Prime. Tunney Prime is trading me a WHY 8.1 for my RX WHY 3. He has already sent me the WHY 8.1 and I'll me mailing out the WHY 3 tomorrow.

Some people reacted to this post.
why trade? lol

Username Hidden said:
why trade? lol

My WHY 3 was a RX pair and I had years of use from it but I should have thought of buying the replacement sun glass lenses but never did. The lens is pretty straight and I tried to cut a pair but because of the curvature it didn't work. No one makes a replacement lens for it and I've tried asking a couple of the aftermarket companies but no luck.

The WHY 8.1 uses a lens with a curve and the arm is adjusted for it. I put a Gascan lens next to it and it's the same curvature

I know the WHY 3 is more valuable since it's made of Titanium vs the Alloy of the WHY 8.1 but it was useless to me as it was. I'm happy with the trade since the overall look of the 8.1's are more current and you cannot see the screws from the front.

I really wish it was the more squared 8.2's but I'm already trying to see what kind of lenses I can use to create my own custom WHY.

Actually the Gascan lenses are pretty close to what I want. Just need to figure out where to drill for the nosebridge and arms and it should be good.

closed!

No, not closed yet. My package is still in transit. I will close once everyone is satisfied and feedback is left. Thanks!

Sorry - couldn't resist having a dig at Oakleynerd.
It's a cheaper hobby than Oakley collecting.
:thumb:

sorry . . . closed the thread because i thought deal is done and before everybody post something on here!

my bad....

thanx Herb ;)

haha i was trying to be PUNNY with my WHY trade comment. i see it went unnoticed lol

They have arrived. Everything is as described. Great trade!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back