• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Dealing With Noob Employees At Stores...

Same here dude, I wish I could work at an Oakley Store or Vault. I would be so stoked and I'd try to be the best employee ever by doing research on all the models to better help customers (and to further my personal knowledge). I am the biggest Oakley nut I know. :D

I'd be the worst employee. So many people touching and trying on the glasses... We wouldn't be able to stock enough cleaning solution for me to be able to keep the glasses clean! I go to my local Vault to look at a couple pairs and there are pairs that have white rubber... sooo dirty.

I'd probably make a little go/nogo gauge for lining the pairs up on the glass shelves as well. And then there's the security tags that make some pairs not sit level.

Just think though, all the pairs of the same frame would be in one spot for once, organized by height for multiple lens size pairs, then by frame color, then by lens color.

And they carry more than just glasses :sad::blink:

This is why I don't want a display!

I have been to a few SGH around here and I can say that at 2 of them I was pleasantly surprised with the knowledge. One in Mo and one in AR, and both were female employees, not that it should matter, but pretty knowledgeable about Oakleys.

On the other hand I was in an O store not to long ago and asked about a pair of Ducati XS and she told be $150. I thought this is too good to be true, it was, when I asked to buy them..... Same one didnt have a clue what a Deuce Coupe was either.

I have been to a few SGH around here and I can say that at 2 of them I was pleasantly surprised with the knowledge. One in Mo and one in AR, and both were female employees, not that it should matter, but pretty knowledgeable about Oakleys.

On the other hand I was in an O store not to long ago and asked about a pair of Ducati XS and she told be $150. I thought this is too good to be true, it was, when I asked to buy them..... Same one didnt have a clue what a Deuce Coupe was either.

:laugh:

I actually just went to the tampa o, they tried hiring me after asking about new releases! I thought about it for a sec just for the discount. :)
As far as sgh goes, I agree with everyone else, I've given up on them knowing anything, I'm just lucky to find one who doesn't act like I'm interupting their important day.

Ah... Thanks!

I applied for three positions... Manager, Assistant Manager and Lead Sales Associate.
I have experience in all three...
Unfortunately the acting manager of the store I applied to is in Mexico for her honeymoon... So I think it'll be another week before I hear anything.

Back