• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Dealing With Noob Employees At Stores...

No surprise that a member of a fan site is more knowedgeable than somebody who does something because its their JOB.
For us it's a "hobby" that interests us. We come back around to it when it's convenient to us, learning what we want to learn when we want to learn about it. And we can ignore the parts that don't interest us.
Pretty much why I did not become an OB/GYN...

No surprise that a member of a fan site is more knowedgeable than somebody who does something because its their JOB.
For us it's a "hobby" that interests us. We come back around to it when it's convenient to us, learning what we want to learn when we want to learn about it. And we can ignore the parts that don't interest us.
Pretty much why I did not become an OB/GYN...

Aren't you a proctologist?

Luckily the O Store in Atlanta is reasonably knowledgable people.

SGH on the other hand , they only know what they have in stock if that.

I dont expect any of them to know all the old discontinued items, But it would be nce
if they did a little research about the items they are trying to sale.

Agreed, Lenox O Store is my favorite place to be (outside of being at home with family of course)! Havent been to the vault in dawsonville yet though

Lenox Rocks!!!! I went to North Point a few times, but I knew what I was looking for, so I can't comment on them!

Lenox Rocks!!!! I went to North Point a few times, but I knew what I was looking for, so I can't comment on them!

I have been to both Lenox and northpoint as well as dawsonville, and I have to say all three were a dissapointment... Especially for o-stores. I don't know who y'all talk to in those stores but one of the employees told me there was no such thing as andrew petterson frogskins or primitive frogskins. He said there was not a sku that existed and all were fake???? I mean no offense I know they are rare but don't tell a customer pairs are fake when they own them.

Also they never have had much selection mainly just customs, not much in signatures or anything. Not to bash on a store because I love Oakley but they were some of the worse stocked stores I've seen.

I have to say one if the best stores I have ever been to is the Vault in Concord mills, knowledgable staff and and great selection.

The best store I have ever been to would have to be the o-store in the Florida mall... Didn't talk to the staff that much but by far the eat selection.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if an employee didn't know about them though, or any other super limited releases for that matter because most stores never see them and your average employees would never know they existed unless they did some homework on their own.

To say they don't exist though is another story, there is so much about Oakley that I don't even know so I never say anything is impossible.

That's what I was really trying to make a point about. I can understand them not knowing they exist but to bluntly say try are fake when I am holding number 43 in my hands showing them... Just came off a little disrespectful to me. I really do understand not having heard of them but it was a little much at that point.

But I do agree with you batwolf I honestly understand having not heard of them. I just wouldn't all something not real untill I could confirm it. Just my opinion though.

Sorry if the first post was confusing. trying to type long post on an iPhone gets annoying. Hope that cleared up the point I was trying to make.

Honestly I know nothing about Frogskins, but I know there are so many company and artist collabs that were never in the stores. I only know of what's been in the store in the past year or two.

But yeah, the employee crossed the line by telling you they were fake. You should've told him to search Petterson on Oakley.com, there is a long article about them with a picture of each pair.

HAND-CRAFTED ARTIST SERIES FROGSKINS®

Back