• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

"Dear Oakley, This Is What I Want . . . . "

Again,

Can't understand why numbers one and two haven't been done yet.

At the risk of sounding philosophical, maybe it's because they don't want to. I run a business, I have customers who buy the service I provide from me. Most of the time they come back and I'm happy they do, and I'm happy to work with them again but, sometimes, I just don't wanna. So I turn them down. Yes, I'm turning down money, and yes they may think "Sod it, I'm not going to buy from him again" and yes it may frustrate them and they can't understand why I would turn down work and money but it's my business, I run it how I want, and I have the luxury of being able to say no. Sometimes it's even nicer to be able to say no than yes.

For Oakley this may just mean that it's not in their vision to do some of the things we want. Just because money could be made from doing it, doesn't necessarily mean it should be done.

@jk-27
sounds like you are your own boss. . .
oakley have shareholder and they want just money!!!

They are not Oakley anymore They are Luxottica shareholders calling themselves Oakley...I don't care what people say- except for a few b/o issues things were never as they are now b4 2007 with the website or ordering..part of being shareholder is paying attention to supply and demand They goofed this summer big time. The hard cases I ordered have been back ordered for 3 months thats fine but maybe take the "ships in 3-5 days " off the site!

Believing that would mean ignoring a lot of facts. Oakley has always had supply issues during the peak seasons before and after Lux. There has not been one summer where since I started collecting in the late 1990's where Oakley has not had popular items backordered. Drives me crazy but that is Oakley M.O.

For me, #11 would be them having the retail price of the FMJ being what it is really worth....$3000. I would buy it at that price.

1) Chrome Iridium and 24k replacement lens options for every sunglass in your range. I guarantee that every member here would be snapping up sets for multiple frames.

The consensus around here is that the production problems of the Jupiter Camo Frogskins are down to the fact they can't make the +red lenses quick enough. That's just one lens option for one model. Imagine the problems they'd have trying to produce all the lens options for all the models, we'd never get anything out of the factory!

I have only been buying since 03 and i probably bought the less popular styles MD, MP, Twenty, Splice, SJ2, MIN 2, Gascan S and Halfs and Flaks and never had a backorder until this year so maybe I was lucky...I always got OCP in a week or less too..but I defer to a longtime collector...maybe the changing dates of release should all be changed to "coming soon" and this would make things less frustrating..I do not want a 24K anything but watch the thread because it has to be frustrating for avid display case type collectors when people have 2 and O can't even give an answer on release...I say these "connections" and "ins" get cut off and everyone has same opportunity. Its a bit like concerts where the first few sections are given to "special" people...That's great McCartney and Michael J Fox and others were all smoking weed in front row of Led Zeppelin's 1 off concert in 07 in London ...I doubt if Most of those celebrities could even name 1 album's track listing...same with O ...a guy who did catering for them told me the perks he got -Chrome MD, etc ...employees have a restricted list but those rare pieces sure end up in in employees' hands and sometimes right on to Ebay... I have no stake in this as I may buy a pair or 2 a year now but the people that want the 24K stuff should be given an idea of what's going on...the web page is like a trailer for a movie that is never released right now.

Latest Posts

Back