• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

"Dear Oakley, This Is What I Want . . . . "

A deliberate ploy to increase Replacement Lens sales, perhaps?

tbh I actually don't mind Warm Grey. It suits the UK weather.

Well, apart from the 'Warm' bit.

It's definitely a brilliant move on their part in regards to people who are avid fans of the brand and get multiple pairs but for the casual single pair buyer I can see it turning them away because they like the frame but not the Warm Grey lenses. They're already expensive as it is and to have to shell out at least an additional $55 would probably scare away some potential customers.

Most people can't tell the difference between warm grey, grey or dark grey. They just care that the lens provides uv protection.

Pre- peeled raw o matter Chrome models- to save the time of the peeling...just make em and peel that finish right off in the factory....Shaun White NOBROOKS aka FMJ-

I'd just like to see Titanium Clear, Ruby Clear, Gold Clear and Negative Red Iridium lenses added to the line up again[/url]

Good call MP.

And whatever happened to gradient lenses too? It seems they are only reserved for women's frames these days.

I kept my black gradient Gascans for ages, even though they didn't suit me, just cos I loved that lens. (They were finally sold, though, in my "I Don't Wear These Any More" purge recently.)

They're starting to bring back gradient lenses into the mens lineup. Look at the Eyepatch 2 for example. I didn't think I was a fan of gradient lenses until I tried on the Blue to Clear Fade Eyepatch 2's. The glasses are too big but the grey gradient lenses are nice.

As far as the guys who want more crazy or original sunglass designs, considering that Oakley has been making eyewear for almost 30 years do you really think there's any originality left? Many companies copy their designs and improve them but Oakley has been innovative and bold from the very beginning. In my opinion, Oakley doesn't have to prove anything.

Concerning plain-jane glasses, you can blame that on the average Oakley consumer. The awesome, old school crazy styles never sold well among the masses. Sure, die hard Oakley fans would buy them but compare the number of those people to general Oakley sunglass wearers and you can see why Oakley doesn't do many innovative things anymore.

All of Oakley's new glasses are meant for the cookie cutter consumers out there who want a black frame with a grey (in most cases Warm Grey) lens. So Oakley is really only catering to what the average consumer wants. Is that wrong? I don't think so. It sucks for the hardcore fans but that's how it goes sometimes.

Latest Posts

Back