• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Decent Deal?

qtrain23

The Printing Pundit
Premium Member
United States
Looking at a pair of mars for the collection. Regular mars, black iridium, no box/coin.

What's a fair price? 250? 150?

I don't know, I picked up a pair on eBay a couple weeks ago for $163. With box/ coin, frames in good condition, but the lenses do have some scratches. The recent price increases have not impacted some of the less popular metals like Mars/Romeo 2 to the same extent as the more desirable ones.

dcl10 said:
I don't know, I picked up a pair on eBay a couple weeks ago for $163. With box/ coin, frames in good condition, but the lenses do have some scratches. The recent price increases have not impacted some of the less popular metals like Mars/Romeo 2 to the same extent as the more desirable ones.

Maybe. But they defiantly aren't going to go down. Soon they'll dry up (6 months to a year) and prices will peak.

I think I'm gonna pick them up and either add them to the collection or just sell them for something else.

Soon they'll dry up (6 months to a year)

They haven't in 6 years, why in 6 months?

I think at this point that market value is $250 and that was a number that hit me when reading your OP- not from reading the rest of the responses.

CarGuy said:
They haven't in 6 years, why in 6 months?

I think at this point that market value is $250 and that was a number that hit me when reading your OP- not from reading the rest of the responses.

Because of the discontinuation. People will go in a buying craze to get them all before they're gone. I understand they have been gone for quite a while, but the discontinuation has increased the demand and therefore price of pretty much every x metal model.

But I agree. I think 250 is a fair value and I'm glad were all on the same page

Latest Posts

Back