• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Deconstructing Holbrooks

brookiewook

Oakley Beginner
What's up guys? Just have a general question for all you Moders out there; how does one go about taking those four dots in the front of a Holbrook off and still keep them in good condition? I'm wanting to modify a boring Holbrook frame but keep the O and studs the same.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Ah the Holbrook bolts. The question has been asked numerous times but no one knows for sure how are they fixed on, are they part of the frame? Who knows.

Yeah I could never figure those bolts out. And I don't have a steady hand to paint those small things. Damn. So I just paint them over if need be.

Having looked at the polished clear frame it looks like the front studs are just pressed into holes in the frame. Whether they are glued in place, that I'm not sure of. What you would use to try and pull them out without damaging the coating is another thing. Maybe someone out there with a "parts" pair could give it a whirl and let us know back.

Yeah Merc! Great idea. Unfortunately all I got is my collection so I'm not willing to mess around with them. someone with parts should have at it and let the masses know.

A while back, I saw someone on eBay selling a set of Holbrook bolts. So we know that they come out...but the question is how? I was thinking of trying the hot water method used for removing icons, but I'm not sure how I can grip the bolts to pull them out without damaging the finish.

A while back, I saw someone on eBay selling a set of Holbrook bolts. So we know that they come out...but the question is how? I was thinking of trying the hot water method used for removing icons, but I'm not sure how I can grip the bolts to pull them out without damaging the finish.
Needlenose pliers with the jaws wrapped in cloth tape.

I have tried them in boiling water like icons....no luck...peeled the paint right off the studs and they didn't budge...once I find a beater, I will tear em off and figure it out

Back