• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Deep and Shallow Water Prizm - May 1st Release

This is what I got for what they will be releasing on May 1st.

KVD Flak Jacket XL Pol Blk w/ Prizm Shallow H20 Pol $270
FlakJacket XLJ Pol Black w/ Prizm Deep H20 Pol $240
Radar Pitch Pol Blk w/ Prizm Deep H20 Pol $290
KVD Batwolf Pol Blck w/Prizm Shallow H20 Pol $260
Valve Pol Blk w/Prizm Deep H20 Pol $230
Turbine Pol Blk w/Prizm Shallow H20 Pol $230
Turbine Pol Blck w/Prizm Deep H20 Pol $230

Sorry I should have been more specific; I meant I hope they come in Radarlock Path replacement lenses....

But since there's not a Radarlock in that list, I guess the chances are poor, at least for May 1st...

I use both the shallow blue and deep blue polarized for fishing. Any word on how these will compare? I have Pit Bulls with each of those two lenses in them but have been thinking about grabbing a Radar Path EV with each lens when they come out.

I use both the shallow blue and deep blue polarized for fishing. Any word on how these will compare? I have Pit Bulls with each of those two lenses in them but have been thinking about grabbing a Radar Path EV with each lens when they come out.

Since deep blue is a neutral base tint and shallow blue is a contrast base tint, I would expect these new ones to be more similar to shallow than deep. But better tuned to provide the contrast appropriate to their use cases.

Really, the only thing that makes deep and shallow blue different from other lenses is the iridium tint. These new prizms should have more differences in the base tint itself.

Sorry I should have been more specific; I meant I hope they come in Radarlock Path replacement lenses....

But since there's not a Radarlock in that list, I guess the chances are poor, at least for May 1st...
Yeah, probably the replacement lenses will come a little later, that's usually the way - once they've milked (no iPhone I really do want to say milked, not killed) the full sets a while, the replacements come along.

Since deep blue is a neutral base tint and shallow blue is a contrast base tint, I would expect these new ones to be more similar to shallow than deep. But better tuned to provide the contrast appropriate to their use cases.

Really, the only thing that makes deep and shallow blue different from other lenses is the iridium tint. These new prizms should have more differences in the base tint itself.
Deep and shallow just used existing base tints? That's a bit disappointing. Never got to try them.

Deep and shallow just used existing base tints? That's a bit disappointing. Never got to try them.

I could be wrong but AFAIK, yes. I think I saw that referenced somewhere once upon a time and, having both, my personal experience is that deep blue has a standard grey base and shallow blue has bronze base.

I could be wrong but AFAIK, yes. I think I saw that referenced somewhere once upon a time and, having both, my personal experience is that deep blue has a standard grey base and shallow blue has bronze base.

you know i am not so sure. i actually just started wearing my deep blue polar fast jackets and the polarizing filter seems very different to me. i can read my cell phone out doors with it where i can not with any of my other Oakley polar lenses. if you turn the phone just right it does black out like most polar lenses do, but the angles they black it out at is a very small percentage compared to my other Oakley polar lenses. it can see every detail in a puddle much better than my other polar lenses too. there has to be something different about it.

O-review's now added the Prizms to their database, including these unreleased deep and shallow water Prizms.

They're described as both having sapphire Iridium coatings. Deep is 12% light trans and shallow is 15%.

(BTW they also list Daily as not having any iridium... ;))
Woot woot, come on May 1st!

Back