• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Deep and Shallow Water Prizm - May 1st Release

Welcome to the forum. Have you asked your eye doctor at all? He may know.

I have not. I just spoke to the local Lenscrafters, and the person said he knew they didn't make it and didn't know when they would be out. I have my optometrist appointment next week and will ask my optometrist then. I'll let all know if I find out

Just an update for everyone.

I was told by my eye-doctor and the technician that the lenses aren't listed as PRIZM for the polarized versions, but are under the polarized section. So the official lens listing for their ordering is "Shallow Blue Iridium Polarized" and "Deep Blue Iridium Polarized". I ordered a pair so we'll see when they get here. It does seem to make sense though, as the lens guide on oakley's official page doesn't have a Shallow Blue Iridium Polarized lens listed anywhere.

I'm not sure about what the prizim daily lens would equate too or if that one exists.

Just an update for everyone.

I was told by my eye-doctor and the technician that the lenses aren't listed as PRIZM for the polarized versions, but are under the polarized section. So the official lens listing for their ordering is "Shallow Blue Iridium Polarized" and "Deep Blue Iridium Polarized". I ordered a pair so we'll see when they get here. It does seem to make sense though, as the lens guide on oakley's official page doesn't have a Shallow Blue Iridium Polarized lens listed anywhere.

I'm not sure about what the prizim daily lens would equate too or if that one exists.
Shallow blue and deep blue were precursor lenses to the Prizm range - they don't use the same technology.

Right shallow and deep blue are completely different lenses than shallow and deep water prizm; your eye doctor is getting them confused. Right now the only Prizms available for prescription are non-polars; don't know when the polar prizms will be available.

@Chris A Hardaway

Right shallow and deep blue are completely different lenses than shallow and deep water prizm; your eye doctor is getting them confused. Right now the only Prizms available for prescription are non-polars; don't know when the polar prizms will be available.

@Chris A Hardaway
Yeah I kinda figured that, but the technician was pretty confident so I trusted him on that one. Plus I want the glasses for fishing, so the precurser version is okay with me. I needed to order these before the end of July to have them covered by my benefits so with no release date on the horizon I figured I'd bite the bullet!

@kronin323 and @m.walker6222
Sounds like you guys have it figured out. If you ever have an RX question don't be afraid to ask! I'm really hoping they come out with the Polarized Prizm Lenses in RX soon. Not sure if they will as I've heard no rumors. Ever since my Oakley rep officially became a Luxottica Rep he hasn't been around much lol. Poor guy! But if you were trying to use insurance benefits by a certain date I would have made the same choice. Picking the best fishing lens I could get that was available. Congrats I hope they do a good job on them for you.

Hey everybody first time poster. Been doing some research and finally attempted to customize my first pair of Oakleys only to find out it is not available yet.

Anybody have any word when Deep water prizm lens will be available in Batwolfs? Or similiar frame recommendations?

Sold my pair of Costas as I did not like the fit any longer and in dire need of glasses. I did see the Fuel Cells but they seem kind of small for my face. What other frMe is similair to Batwolf??

Thabls in advance

Fuel Cell should be the same size as a Batwolf in my opinion. They really are nearly built off the same template. I doubt Batwolf will ever come in that setup. I don't think any cutters are doing that yet. It'd be cool if Turbine Rotors could be trimmed by someone here (not me lol).

Fuel Cell should be the same size as a Batwolf in my opinion. They really are nearly built off the same template. I doubt Batwolf will ever come in that setup. I don't think any cutters are doing that yet. It'd be cool if Turbine Rotors could be trimmed by someone here (not me lol).

Turbine Rotors are avilable online with deep water prizm.

Why do you think Batwolfs never will be?

Sorry this will be my first pair of Oakleys so this is all new to me

Back