1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. discodave

discodave Go Navy!

I picked up a set of Deep Blue Iridium Polarized lenses for my Flak Jackets today. I'm very impressed!

For those who aren't familiar with this shade (I wasn't until today), it's blue with hints of green and purple. Great lens!

It's hard to capture in photos but here you can see the different variations based on light.

Deep Blue Iridium Polarized - I'm Impressed! - 5a8aze8a.jpg
    Deep Blue Iridium Polarized - I'm Impressed! - 3a4e5yze.jpg
    Deep Blue Iridium Polarized - I'm Impressed! - natu3yza.jpg
    Deep Blue Iridium Polarized - I'm Impressed! - a7evaty2.jpg
    Deep Blue Iridium Polarized - I'm Impressed! - a6a7a6az.jpg
    Deep Blue Iridium Polarized - I'm Impressed! - taseqypy.jpg
    Deep Blue Iridium Polarized - I'm Impressed! - uzy7ada5.jpg
    Deep Blue Iridium Polarized - I'm Impressed! - 9a6a4abe.jpg

raxx and STavros like this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. headpatrolman

headpatrolman O Addict

nice lens

3. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

Nice - I've been planning on deep blue custom cuts for Mars but haven't had that color in my own hands before, your nice pics help.

4. discodave

discodave Go Navy!

It really surprised me. Hints of violet really set it off.

5. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

Cool lens!

6. pistolpetefan23

pistolpetefan23 Oakley Expert Premium Member

They look awesome. Does the fact they're designed for deep water fishing cause any issues with vision or depth perception in normal instances? Or how do these differ from regular polarized lenses?

7. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

Though I don't yet have deep blue, I did just get a pair of shallow blue and they're in the same "water / fishing specific" category - by my understanding, the only difference is they're optimized to remove glare from the water surface so you can see deeper under the surface. They shouldn't cause any issues with everyday use. My shallow blues have been just fine.

8. tavers

tavers Oakley Expert

I have some for my Radarlock. Nice lense, no issues with depth perception or the like.

9. pistolpetefan23

So is there any clarification on how either differs from regular polarized? Or how shallow water blue differs from deep water blue?

10. pistolpetefan23

Ok, so here's Oakley's lens description of Deep Blue Polarized:

"Oakley polarization eliminates the blinding rays of glare with greater than 99% efficiency, and our manufacturing technique eliminates the haze and visual distortion that comes with ordinary polarized lenses. In addition to filtering out 100% of all UV, Oakley DEEP BLUE™ lenses carve out as much blue light as possible to increase visual acuity and alleviate the eye-straining effect of harsh wavelengths. They also boost contrast and depth perception so you’ll have a more accurate view of the trophy pursuing your lure. With all that technology, your only problem is figuring out what to do after you’ve landed the day’s limit."

And their comparison of the two:

"Choose between two performance options. The first is our DEEP BLUE IRIDIUM POLARIZED lens, perfect for the combination of bright sun and deep water where you need distinct color recognition to spot the action down below. When the water isn't as deep, take advantage of the enhanced contrast of our SHALLOW BLUE IRIDIUM POLARIZED lens to optimize depth perception and take the hook to the fish. "