• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Deep Blue Iridium Polarized - I'm Impressed!

So is there any clarification on how either differs from regular polarized? Or how shallow water blue differs from deep water blue?

Lol - I was about to post this with Oakley's "marketing language" description as a lead-in, but you beat me to it. So here's what I know outside of that:

I can't find my original source material but what I recall is that the polarization is the same as regular polarized; it's the iridium tint that filters out the colors (such as the blue from reflected sky) to let you see more through the water.

Nice lenses i need to check these out, look like a great set for mexico. deep sea fishing.

I had wanted IH to cut me some Deep Blue Shallow at one point, but I was unsure on the color. This picture is nice and might respark that endeavor. Now get some Shallow blue Iridium and show us!

I guess it depends on how sensitive your eyes are. I wore these in full sun yesterday and they were great.

Discodave If you don't have one already , get a bronze polarize lens. It is the most uncool looking lens on the outside. But it make everything look 100 time better.

The first time I saw this lens was on rustpots custom radarlocks and they looked great! They also look great in your flak jackets! I did find this lens in the store recently and it looked like a good shade. I like how the iridium has different colors in but nothing that really stands out as flashy. What's with oakley selling spare lenses in plastic now? They seemed much more protected in the foam instead of the plastic.