1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Kuztomized

Kuztomized Oakley Collector

Looking for some blue lenses for my flak jackets, can anyone help me out with a side by side pic of Deep Blue Iridium vs Ice Iridium? I searched but came up empty. Or even just a description of the differences? Thanks!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

Deep blue is a neutral base, somewhere up around 17% transmission. Which makes it a light lens. But the iridium and polarized adders help cut glare. Outside appearance is a bright blue, with hints of greens and purples.
    Deep Blue Iridium Vs. Ice Iridium - DAA748FC-D9CD-4619-A0FC-23C35F1797EB_zps9jp3lqd7.jpg

Ice is a neutral base lens, closer to 10% transmission. So it's a dark lens on par with black iridium. Outside appearance is a deep blue, with milder color appearance, almost appearing closer to black iridium if not fully illuminated.
    Deep Blue Iridium Vs. Ice Iridium - A6F062B9-53E5-4096-A901-0362D54C9E44_zpsyptwlwqq.jpg

Greatestalltime, bhrea3, Zeke and 4 others like this.
  3. Kuztomized

Kuztomized Oakley Collector

Rustpot, you da man! Thanks a bunch that was perfect.

Zeke likes this.
  4. Vrexx

Vrexx Oakley Expert

These type of posts are why I love this forum so much. You can either search and find great posts with comparison pictures for whatever you need or if you can't, awesome members always step right up to help out. Very glad I found this community :drinks:

Zeke and MarcelN like this.