• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Deep Blue Iridium Vs. Ice Iridium

Kuztomized

I should Work at Oakley
Southwest PA
Looking for some blue lenses for my flak jackets, can anyone help me out with a side by side pic of Deep Blue Iridium vs Ice Iridium? I searched but came up empty. Or even just a description of the differences? Thanks!

Deep blue is a neutral base, somewhere up around 17% transmission. Which makes it a light lens. But the iridium and polarized adders help cut glare. Outside appearance is a bright blue, with hints of greens and purples.
DAA748FC-D9CD-4619-A0FC-23C35F1797EB_zps9jp3lqd7.jpg

Ice is a neutral base lens, closer to 10% transmission. So it's a dark lens on par with black iridium. Outside appearance is a deep blue, with milder color appearance, almost appearing closer to black iridium if not fully illuminated.
A6F062B9-53E5-4096-A901-0362D54C9E44_zpsyptwlwqq.jpg

These type of posts are why I love this forum so much. You can either search and find great posts with comparison pictures for whatever you need or if you can't, awesome members always step right up to help out. Very glad I found this community :drinks:

Back