• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Delete Thread / Edit Post

kronin323

Font of Useless Knowledge
Austin, TX
Just out of curiosity...

When a mod deletes a thread or post or even just edits a post, is the OP notified? Automatically or manually? If manually, are they notified always, on a case-by-case basis, or never?

I ask because I sometimes see those activities on Spy and I often wonder what's getting deleted / edited, and if maybe it's something I posted...:idk:

Personally, if one of my posts needed mod intervention, I would like to know so I don't repeat the mistake...

Along those lines, I also see reported posts on Spy, including who reported it. Seems like being outed as a tattle-tale would discourage people from reporting posts; it'd be nice if that activity was anonymous to non-mods...

Thanks guys.

Wow - I swear I just hit create thread once but that got double-posted somehow... I guess that's an opportunity to test the system; mods please delete the duplicate...

I have reported it do not worry. I report your posts because it hurts my feelings lol. jk bro.

You never fail to crack me up...

I did take a little stab at you on the Joke Thread this week but you didn't rise to the bait... that hurt my feelings...:cry:

Just out of curiosity...

When a mod deletes a thread or post or even just edits a post, is the OP notified? Automatically or manually? If manually, are they notified always, on a case-by-case basis, or never?

I ask because I sometimes see those activities on Spy and I often wonder what's getting deleted / edited, and if maybe it's something I posted...:idk:

Personally, if one of my posts needed mod intervention, I would like to know so I don't repeat the mistake...

Along those lines, I also see reported posts on Spy, including who reported it. Seems like being outed as a tattle-tale would discourage people from reporting posts; it'd be nice if that activity was anonymous to non-mods...

Thanks guys.

That is odd that you see reported posts and who reported it. I will have to look into this. I agree, I think it is better to not show who reported any content.

Back