• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Design Team/Luxottica

Maybe it hits us harder... I have a sign/car wrap business and design about 12 hours a day, and try and put myself into every piece of work i do.
A shame to see everything getting half-assed.

What is it that you do alcapon?

^I do everything associated with design in house for small companies, mainly consult on digital media, but my expertise is industrial design and branding. I do everything from marketing, wed design, rapid prototype drawing, story-boarding, user-interface, web animation, illustration, photography, printing and more. I am working on CAD and 3-d rendering at the moment as well as a few cinema programs. I get random jobs from companies from word of mouth since the economy took a dump. I am outsourced most of the time but its cool, I dont have time to be part of a full time design team anyway, hours for doing that are crazy....

Well I hope Steve has found his place seated on the right hand side of the father. I hope you can also tell I am being sarcastic. Man you guys praise him like he was a god amongst us mortals. He had teams and teams of design people, not to mention PR people pushing all of the apple products to the market. Apple is so much a publicity machine and rooted in status. Yes the tech is there but the staus symbol mentality and elitist attitude associated with apple was spoonfed to the masses through PR. Samsung and Sony are making products equally as advanced but do not get the attention apple products do. Plus Samsung and Sony make most of the internals for the Apple products anyway.

That being said I agree Oakley needs a more creative edge than it has currently. Not sure Jim is the answer but someone with creative ideas that can reinstitute cutting edge technology along with the F it attitude that the O used to have would be great. It seems currently they are not producing any designs that make people say What? and Who would wear that? Those were the designs that are now classics like the OTT and Medusa, even the Eye Jackets, Splice, Scar etc. Oakley just needs some creative risk takers.

Saw this on an Oakley Instagram post

F54B2526-0E43-4223-8D92-5EDB660FF828-1681-000002D34810B689.jpg

GUYS i have an idea. we got lots of graphic artists on here. lets do that crowdsourced design ****. car forums do it with usually great success...

Oakleys, DESIGNED by the enthusiasts. come on. we can do a few pairs/variants.

LETS DO IT. whos with me.

I'm with you! Anyone have access to a 3D printer?

I believe I have access to one at school.

If nothing else:

I.materialize.com

Once one is made they can be reproduced via cold castings/resins on the cheap

I believe I have access to one at school.

If nothing else:

I.materialize.com

Once one is made they can be reproduced via cold castings/resins on the cheap

yu thats it, we just need to get one prototype made. and lets think if we can use a polymer that will match or (insert shocked face here) surpass oakleys current O-matter technology. I mean i love it, but MAYBE we can do somethign with it while we're at it..

Latest Posts

Back