1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. RAGEatGAME

RAGEatGAME Oakley Beginner

Hello all. I'm a newbie here, and I was brought here because I have a couple of pairs of Oakley Juliet metal sunglasses.

One pair has the horrible Nosebridge problem where I need to replace the socket pads, and I have those... But I don't have a tool to use for the removal of the rivets.

I found the old thread (X-Metal Nosebridge Rivet Removal Tool | Oakley Forum) and I messaged the OP (ajirbl) about trying to purchase one so much later, but I haven't received a response in over a week.

Can anyone else help me or director how to remove them with an alternative tool? Any help would be appreciated and thank you for your time all!

- Justin
    RAGEatGAME

Last edited: 3/12/15
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

You would be better off sending them to the @THE X-MAN and have it done right the first time without damaging them.

3. 96.SVT.COBRA

96.SVT.COBRA Oakley Enthusiast

OakleyFreak, Nortika and RAGEatGAME like this.
  4. RAGEatGAME

RAGEatGAME Oakley Beginner

Sorry, I know what I'm doing. That's not the problem, I just want the tool or an alternative that works. Paying $60 (to someone) for something I am confident in doing (replacing the pads) isn't an option for me. Thank you for the quick replies though, just not what I am looking for.

- Justin

RAGEatGAME

5. Dennis Panlilio

Dennis Panlilio Oakley Expert Premium Member

Google for "Optical Screw Extractor" that should give you a lead to the tool you need to extract the screws. Hope this helps :)

6. washi me sensie

washi me sensie The Oakley R┼Źnin

bro, so do you have the rubber pads for the nose bridge as well?... thats cool...

RAGEatGAME likes this.
  7. joecool862

joecool862 Keeper of the Skull Premium Member Lifetime Member

Make sure you do some reading about ensuring correct alignment of the pin before pushing with whatever extractor you use. Bad things can happen if the alignment isn't perfect, lol. Good luck! Also :welcome: to the forum!

flyer and RAGEatGAME like this.
  8. kayana photography bali

kayana photography bali Oakley Enthusiast

9. CrazyALee

CrazyALee Oakley Collector