• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Desperation

This ^
I guess if you want flat lenses that might work.
yeh so much for HDO and superior optics. I don't understand why are we custom cutting Oakley lenses into Oakley frames when we're using lenses with completely the wrong curvature for the desired frame?! We may as well get a piece of acrylic sheet spray paint it with translucent green and save ourselves all the trouble of finding donor lenses and forking out all those cash. But then, it's not my cash so i guess whatever floats people's boats....

The lenses will still have better optics than 99% of the brands out there. There is no prescription obviously so by ANSI standards they are still way within spec. The only issue will be the flatter appearance.

:twitch:

Right, i'm no optician so i'll take your word for it. I'm off to sell all my x-metal lenses and replace them with frog lenses since i'll be financially better off and not much so optically worst off. Whilst I'm at it, I may as well de-tune all my frames to flatten them out to compensate the new base 6 curvature.

I feel so cheated that Oakley got us believing we should install high wrap lenses into high wrap frames when I could have gotten hold of any piece of plastic and jammed it into my sports frames.
:headbang:

Right, i'm no optician so i'll take your word for it. I'm off to sell all my x-metal lenses and replace them with frog lenses since i'll be financially better off and not much so optically worst off. Whilst I'm at it, I may as well de-tune all my frames to flatten them out to compensate the new base 6 curvature.

I feel so cheated that Oakley got us believing we should install high wrap lenses into high wrap frames when I could have gotten hold of any piece of plastic and jammed it into my sports frames.
Uh ok..We get it your not a fan.. Since your doing this please ship the lenses to me ;)

I'm off to sell all my x-metal lenses and replace them with frog lenses since i'll be financially better off and not much so optically worst off. Whilst I'm at it, I may as well de-tune all my frames to flatten them out to compensate the new base 6 curvature.

The other point I'd like to make is I'm only speaking to someone who is having a near impossible task sourcing the emerald lenses he wants in all his metals. I agree with you that with the cost of the Mars frame being so high if you want to collect it you should do it "right" in most people's eyes, especially if reselling. However, if you look at a mars, Juliet, and XX back to back it's very obvious Mars isn't as wrapped. It isn't tilted or "raked" at the same angle. But ya, other than your drastic over exaggeration, you are basically right. Some people would rather spend $70 than $150 on the lenses, and want the Iridium to match, not use generics. I would never try to trick someone into buying it without advising the differences first. Oh ya, sell me all your genuine hard to find lenses, I'll share with Dingo. PS, if you wear these frames for sports your crazy! I'd never put 6 base lenses in the 8 base sports frames (flak, half, jackets. Valve, etc) it'll look bad and not offer any eye protection peripherally... But I still love you. Agree to disagree I guess.

Somebody please pass the popcorn!!!!! I learn so much on this forum!!!

That's great! So after my rant I have to again admit for best optics and perfection please follow @jdd32 instructions.
If cost is no object, you can always order plano replacement lenses from Oakley's Rx department. They have a wide variety of tints and Iridium coatings available for almost every Oakley frame. They'll even do etching, saving you the effort of sending your lenses to @EdsJunk . About $300 a pair, though, because Oakley's version of "perfection" ain't cheap.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back