• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Deuce Coupe Boxes

BAPD you tease...I was getting all excited and then got shut down instantly

I miss that picture tab of the glasses. The all text sort of cheapens it to me.
the text versus graphic barcode has remained a puzzle for many years, throughout oakley history, some glass have had a mixture of both label types, some had just graphic, some just text. where you have a choice, and you can, id select the graphic, and i have done this more or less since i started. for eg, i have every ducati glass, and every one with a graphic, but ive seen some with text alternative. all gen 3 frogs are text only, no other option. many recent models still have graphic eg holbrook, dispatch, eyepatch II. id still prefer a mint box with text over a scruffy box with graphic though. also some text label styles differ, eg gen 1 frogs tiny label, straight jacket across the end flap, some others eg some radar are big and wrap under the box. i have always taken a huge interest in the details of boxes and labels. i would say some of the very rare production pieces eg many 12 and 24 code items tend to have text over graphic, certain exclusives, signature, store, country etc seem to be more text label orientated.

the text versus graphic barcode has remained a puzzle for many years, throughout oakley history, some glass have had a mixture of both label types, some had just graphic, some just text. where you have a choice, and you can, id select the graphic, and i have done this more or less since i started. for eg, i have every ducati glass, and every one with a graphic, but ive seen some with text alternative. all gen 3 frogs are text only, no other option. many recent models still have graphic eg holbrook, dispatch, eyepatch II. id still prefer a mint box with text over a scruffy box with graphic though. also some text label styles differ, eg gen 1 frogs tiny label, straight jacket accross the end flap, some others eg some radar are big and wrap under the box. i have always taken a huge interest in the details of boxes and labels. i would say some of the very rare production pieces eg many 12 and 24 code items tend to have text over graphic, certain exclusives, signature, store, country etc seem to be more text label orientated.
it really does vary, i've had 3 fonseca antix, (sold one) and 2 of them had the graphic label/sticker of the glasses with the logo, 1 of the 3 had an all text label.
only 3 of my 12 dispatch boxes have graphics of the frame / name all the others have a text only label.

I find it incredibly annoying that there is no consistency with the labels. my polarized matte rootbeer dispatch and the black history text disptach boxes both have the graphics.
my boxes arent in mint condition but they are still prtty new looking.

it really does vary, i've had 3 fonseca antix, (sold one) and 2 of them had the graphic label/sticker of the glasses with the logo, 1 of the 3 had an all text label.
only 3 of my 12 dispatch boxes have graphics of the frame / name all the others have a text only label.

I find it incredibly annoying that there is no consistency with the labels. my polarized matte rootbeer dispatch and the black history text disptach boxes both have the graphics.
my boxes arent in mint condition but they are still prtty new looking.
yes the lack of consistency about the box labels can add to the frustration for the collector, its as i said, some have both, some just text, some just graphic. with my own dispatch collection i just checked and it runs like this; GRAPHIC LABELS: pol-24k s white. clementine-grey. pol clear-chrome. pol black-grey p irons. matte black - grey p loeb. jupiter camo.
TEXT: moto gp, wilson, sven k, both australia blue/red. the other 5 i dont have (but may end up with them!). (my fonseca antix is graphic).

Romeo, can u upload a possible pic? I just want to make sure we are on the same boat lol. with what we mean by graphic/text.

It seems this is the same with the women's frames also. Ive seen the graphic label, and a text label on a Gretchen Bleiler Correspondent.
Dude, how the hell did you get a Kramer Dispatch? those are quite hard to find, you never see those on ebay.
The Polarized frames seem to always have graphic labels. In the end, it IS just a label on a box we' just keep on a shelf. :)
Just one of the great things that make Oakley so interesting.

motogp antix is also graphic label. DB Antix is text. :/ the $1million dollar question. WHY. :)

Back