1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. D-Rat

D-Rat Oakley Beginner

Hey all,

Lately I've been wearing my deviations non-stop and when I need to take them off I've been popping them onto my baseball hat. However, the top of my head with my baseball cap on is slightly wider that above my ears (obviously) and I'm worried that I'm going to stretch the frames out and have them bouncing around on my face.

Is that something I should be worried about?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

If you exceed the elastic modulus of metal you reach plastic deformation. Metal does not fully recover from plastic deformation.

So if they're flexing/bending, they could bend too much and remain bent.

If you haven't done it so far it might not be an issue. That's not to say it won't happen, though.

But it won't be like O-matter frames that "stretch" after being put on a wider hat for long periods of time. You have to exceed the limit.

And, of course, the hinges will probably loosen over time as well.

3. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

I have a pair of deviation, and they arent a very form-fitting frame anyway, so a little stretching wouldnt hurt them, in my opinion. Actually, since you are wearing them on your cap, i would be more worried about them falling off, considering how useless Deviation Unobtanium is.

4. D-Rat

D-Rat Oakley Beginner

Alright thanks :)

They don't stretch a ton on my hat, but I just wanted to double check to make sure they wouldn't like get super stretched.
    From what I can tell, if I angle the arms high onto my hat they stretch less, so maybe I'll see how that goes.

5. atrain

atrain O-Forums Boss of Bosses

I try not to wear mine on my hat but sometimes it happens.

6. Amberblack20

Amberblack20 Oakley Beginner

If they do get stretched out you could take them in to any sunglass hut or Oakley store and have them tightened up.

7. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

Once again I refer to my "metal don't stretch" comment.