• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Deviation Question

D-Rat

Oakley Beginner
Hey all,

Lately I've been wearing my deviations non-stop and when I need to take them off I've been popping them onto my baseball hat. However, the top of my head with my baseball cap on is slightly wider that above my ears (obviously) and I'm worried that I'm going to stretch the frames out and have them bouncing around on my face.

Is that something I should be worried about?

If you exceed the elastic modulus of metal you reach plastic deformation. Metal does not fully recover from plastic deformation.

So if they're flexing/bending, they could bend too much and remain bent.

If you haven't done it so far it might not be an issue. That's not to say it won't happen, though.

But it won't be like O-matter frames that "stretch" after being put on a wider hat for long periods of time. You have to exceed the limit.

And, of course, the hinges will probably loosen over time as well.

I have a pair of deviation, and they arent a very form-fitting frame anyway, so a little stretching wouldnt hurt them, in my opinion. Actually, since you are wearing them on your cap, i would be more worried about them falling off, considering how useless Deviation Unobtanium is.

Alright thanks :)

They don't stretch a ton on my hat, but I just wanted to double check to make sure they wouldn't like get super stretched.
From what I can tell, if I angle the arms high onto my hat they stretch less, so maybe I'll see how that goes.

If they do get stretched out you could take them in to any sunglass hut or Oakley store and have them tightened up.

Back