• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

DF2 $1k

seriously its somewhat Ot altho were I collector would influence me Wasn't he accused of doing something pretty awful?No need to get into details ...was it cleared up?. Even tho I dont buy artist series I thought those were some of the best looking...

seller description says that theres between 50 and 100 of these aorund the world, is that true?

There is a few more than this number but the blue icon is beyond rare that exist.

There are three versions actually, 1`-maybe 2 -3 blue icon Flores customs but one of them has no serial number on the stem as it was pre-serial numbers, these are the first "pairs" made for Flores review and Executives as well from what I am told (I do have that item and before people start saying 'NO WAY",I got it directly from a person at Oakley/Foothills ranch and hes also a factory pilot) They also gave me the off colored lensbag too which was a different printing technique and looks really faded even new, I think they even included a few of them in the brown Flores during the release. But, they went with the other more vivid bag for obvious reasons.

The other version is a demo pair of Flores with "DEMO" written on the inside of the ear stem. This was meant for display only at stores during the release.

According to the auction, these have non original icons.
There is a few more than this number but the blue icon is beyond rare.

There are three versions actually, 2-maybe-3 blue icon Flores but one of them has no serial number on the stem as it was pre-serial numbers, these are the first "pairs" made for Flores review and Executives as well (I do have that item and before people start saying 'NO WAY",I got it directly from a person in charge of the Oakley museum at Foothills ranch at the time and hes also a factory pilot) They also gave away the off colored lensbag too which was a different printing technique and looks really faded even new, I think they even included a few of them in the brown Flores during the release. But, they chose to do the other more vivid bag for obvious reasons.

The other version is a demo pair of Flores with "DEMO" written on the inside of the ear stem. This was meant for display only at stores during the release.

According to the auction, these have non original icons.

Ya, there is know way for him to prove that Oakley did that themselves just like mine but he did in fact get them from Flores which is a testament in itself with his "cerfiticate",,,,but I understand him putting customized with the lenes and icon because people would question this for sure. Its no coincidence that Flores had this pair and let it go with that certification if he did not do it himself...The artist himself knew they were special maybe...lol:cool: But Ya, Another thing is that they could not decide between the blue and silver so that's why one side had a blue for these rare mock ups supposedly

mm It sounds like he added the icons and lenses after.
My DF1 and DF2 both have silver icons, neither came with a special bag, and the Blue one has 0096 for a serial. I bought the blue one directly from a seller in Japan.

Back