• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Did anyone see this when wear Oakley Radarlock w/ light souce spot?

leonh

Oakley Beginner
Hi guys,
I am a newbie in oakley, just bought a oakley radarlock path
(oo9206-08 blood orange, fire iridium polarized) several days ago.

But I found there're one stranger situation that when I wear this glasses,
any lamp source or sunshine of any reflection of car interface (include mrtal or glass) day & night
even indoor or outdoor.
It appear another virtual light source spot in above environment. .

Left lens will see it in the left side of real light source but that virtual light source is degrade light level, and right lens will see it in the right side of real light source.
That means it will appear 3 light sources concurrently in my eyes.

I also went to oakley store to test other color iridium(black, oo red iridium...), all lens will be appeared this situation but some are lower effect when black iridium polarized.

Did any one see this virtual light source situation?

Also, you can take a oakley glasses and turn on a flashlight app. of mobile phone to test to see if virtual light source appeared!

Attached 3 pics which are ori. light souce shape, left virtual light source in left lens, right virtual light source in right lens for your reference.
ori.jpg
left.jpg
right.jpg

This is a job for @kronin323

Oh....and welcome to the forum. :)

Eh, read this earlier and was gonna pass and give somebody else a chance... ;)

But yeah IIRC people have reported having "ghost" light reflections before, with Fire specifically; I just don't have the time to dig around for those posts right now... Never experienced it personally.

Eh, read this earlier and was gonna pass and give somebody else a chance... ;)

But yeah IIRC people have reported having "ghost" light reflections before, with Fire specifically; I just don't have the time to dig around for those posts right now... Never experienced it personally.
Me too. :dontmentionit:

they really are lens flares caused by internal reflections of the lens. The curvier the lenses, the more obvious it becomes. They're normal but also become more pronounced with certain tints (eg. Fire). Even clear ballistic lenses will give you that same ghosting effect.

Latest Posts

Back