1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. leonh

leonh Oakley Beginner

Hi guys,
    I am a newbie in oakley, just bought a oakley radarlock path
    (oo9206-08 blood orange, fire iridium polarized) several days ago.

But I found there're one stranger situation that when I wear this glasses,
    any lamp source or sunshine of any reflection of car interface (include mrtal or glass) day & night
    even indoor or outdoor.
    It appear another virtual light source spot in above environment. .

Left lens will see it in the left side of real light source but that virtual light source is degrade light level, and right lens will see it in the right side of real light source.
    That means it will appear 3 light sources concurrently in my eyes.

I also went to oakley store to test other color iridium(black, oo red iridium...), all lens will be appeared this situation but some are lower effect when black iridium polarized.

Did any one see this virtual light source situation?

Also, you can take a oakley glasses and turn on a flashlight app. of mobile phone to test to see if virtual light source appeared!

Attached 3 pics which are ori. light souce shape, left virtual light source in left lens, right virtual light source in right lens for your reference.
    Did anyone see this when wear Oakley Radarlock  w/ light souce spot? - ori.jpg Did anyone see this when wear Oakley Radarlock  w/ light souce spot? - left.jpg Did anyone see this when wear Oakley Radarlock  w/ light souce spot? - right.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

This is a job for @kronin323

Oh....and welcome to the forum. :)

kronin323 likes this.
  3. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

Eh, read this earlier and was gonna pass and give somebody else a chance... ;)

But yeah IIRC people have reported having "ghost" light reflections before, with Fire specifically; I just don't have the time to dig around for those posts right now... Never experienced it personally.

leonh, Duke Nivram and OakleyFrankFMJ like this.
  4. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Me too. :dontmentionit:

leonh likes this.
  5. leonh

leonh Oakley Beginner

Thanks very much to OakleyFrankFMJ & kronin323!

6. Ventruck

Ventruck Oakley Expert

kronin already explained it, but to touch on it further, it happens with non-polar lenses too. "Echelon" lenses tend to do it to many. It's like wearing a JJ Abrams movie.

leonh, Duke Nivram and kronin323 like this.
  7. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

lol lens flare!!!

leonh likes this.
  8. jdd32

jdd32 X Metal Workshop

they really are lens flares caused by internal reflections of the lens. The curvier the lenses, the more obvious it becomes. They're normal but also become more pronounced with certain tints (eg. Fire). Even clear ballistic lenses will give you that same ghosting effect.

leonh likes this.