• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Did Anyone See Those Matte Red Frogskins On EBay For An Hour?

has anyone bought any aftermarket custom lenses off ebay? There are several brands like walleva, VL etc for around $25. I have some of the peacock green polarized Samvette lenses and they are very nice, but im wondering how any of the Purple aftermarket lenses compare to the violet iridium authentic lenses?

has anyone bought any aftermarket custom lenses off ebay? There are several brands like walleva, VL etc for around $25. I have some of the peacock green polarized Samvette lenses and they are very nice, but im wondering how any of the Purple aftermarket lenses compare to the violet iridium authentic lenses?

I've bought the VL lenses and Evo Lenses, both are good for the price. I wouldn't say the VL lenses violet is close to the Oakley violet lens though, it's closer to pink iridium really, the Oakley violets have a bluer/darker violet tint to them IMO.

Crailtap25, if you buy some matte black/violets I'll buy the frame from you. I'll be happy to make myself some matte black/fires..

i was actually thinking about doing that myself, lol. I ended up buying a pair of used clear/violet with a cracked frame off ebay for $40. Used, but he said the lenses are in excellent condition. I still want to buy the matte black/violet though, so i may be able to sell you the frame. I think it would be better to order off oakley.com for $100 and wait till 11/11/11 for shipping, rather than pay ~$130 on ebay for them now.

i just got them this morning and i have a couple questions for those who may have them.

Is there supposed to be a model number printed inside the arm? These just have "made in usa" and "Frogskins TM".

Also, is the finish a plasticy smooth matte? or is it supposed to have a rubbery gummy coating?

I will post pics later. The reason im asking is because they feel a little lighter than normal, and the bag just doesnt look right for some reason.

from other pictures i've seen, they should have 03-147 and the Oakley mark printed inside the arms as well, right? So does that make these fake?

Back