• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Did You Know That Juliet Frames Spark?

So... I have a small wasp problem. Not at my house, but somewhere in my neighborhood there is an empire of wasps. Every morning when I go to work, there are usually a few buzzing around the light on the front porch. The other day, I am leaving and there are a lot. I go back in and get a can of raid. I come out and start spraying. They start dying, and more keep coming so I keep spraying. All said there are well over 70 corpses on the ground.

The next day I leave for work, and there are only a couple. As I am locking the door I hear a buzzing and feel one on the back of my neck. I have a reflex action and swat at the back of my neck. I get stung, and in the process I swat my Juliets off my head. They fly frame down on the exposed aggregate. I'm not sure if the titanium alloy sparked, or if one of the stones that is in my aggregate is flint, but there was a nice large spark.

The lenses didn't get scratched, but the frames were scuffed badly on the bottom of the orbitals. Not an awesome way to start a Friday. I wish the lenses had taken the brunt of the fall. Much easier to replace.

Damn! Crazy way to start a Friday. Get stung and scratch your frames...don't know which one is worse.

Titanium doesn't spark. A lot of firefighting and construction specific tools are titanium to avoid sparks.

That's not to say X Metal doesn't have any steel in it.

Titanium doesn't spark. A lot of firefighting and construction specific tools are titanium to avoid sparks.

That's not to say X Metal doesn't have any steel in it.

I would bet that there is flint in the aggregate. That would not surprise me at all.

Damn wasp probably laughing "got you back!"

He probably did think that, until I crushed him under my shoe.

Latest Posts

Back