1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. music_man185

music_man185 Oakley Beginner

i have a pair of half jackets and a pair of flak jackets. both black iridium polarized. flak jackets are my go to, and i wear them very often. i pulled out the half jackets today for the first time in a while, and almost immediately, i felt that the half jackets were clearer and colors seemed more vibrant. they also seemed to have more polarization. is this possible? or is it just my imagination?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. music_man185

music_man185 Oakley Beginner

i guess i'm the only one :confused:

3. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

I don't have two polarized pairs of the same tint, but I have a few different pairs of normal grey that are different levels of tint, varying from being much closer to black iridium in both darkness and reflectivity, to almost a light grey.

If you're noticing one has more color definition or a different level of clarity you might have something else going on entirely. Might be a different base tint you're not noticing (OO-Black or VR28 Black for instance), maybe one is cleaner, or maybe you bought a set from ebay and the seller ripped you off with aftermarket lenses.

Having "more" polarization isn't possible. They have a filter or they don't. If the angle of light is hitting the lens differently the amount of glare reduction can be different.