• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Difference Between Generations Of Juliets

painkiller

Oakley Expert
Kali
Just as the title says is there a difference between the different gens of juliets? Why some are serial numbered and some arent?

Damn, when I first joined the forum there was a very good thread on this but now I can't find it; it was before my thread bookmark feature existed... not the same one but a nice thread link, @i am rich...

To make a long story short, Oakley originally serialed the x-metals. No trailing alpha character is 1st gen, trailing "A" is 2nd gen, etc.. Check out o-review's serial list.

After Lux bought Oakley they soon discontinued the serials (4th gen), likely to save $$$ . But that raised authenticity issues. So they added size/SKU (5th gen), using a cheaper printing process...

That's why some are serialed and some are not. But, though your OP asks about serials specifically, your title asks about differences between gens, which actually is more than just serials; there's also cosmetic differences between gens as the manufacture of them matured over time.

BTW some try to apply gens to lenses but it's not as clear-cut; differences in lenses do exist but it isn't clearly delineated into specific gens; it's more about with which gen frames the gradual change is associated with.

All this info is here on the forum, if you use the right search strings... And welcome to the forum; please show us your Oaks!

Last edited:
Kronin I appreciate all the input.i wasnt trying to ask 2 questikns in one but thought newer gens didnt have serial or older ones.glad to have some insight now.gotta send them off to xman and get the reverse plasma finish done

Latest Posts

Back