• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Difference Between M Frames 2.0 Hybrid And Si And Strike?

topslop1

Oakley Beginner
I'm looking into buying a pair of shooting glasses. I'm interested in the M frames 2.0 but I'm not sure about all of the differences between the hybrids, the si's, and the strikes.. Could anyone tell me the differences between them? Also, could someone recommend a good online retailer for them?

Thank you!

There are a few versions of M Frames available through the SI program from Oakley.

The standard M Frame that comes with uprated lenses.

The "SI" M Frame that includes a ballistic clip to keep the lens from being knocked out of the frame when struck, flexed, stored, etc. The lenses have a hole above the nose for the clip. This change was made to conform to eye protection standards in the military that require the lens to not come free of the frame after an impact.

The M Frame 2.0, which is essentially a straight-stem frame to keep the temples less bulky and fit better under your helmet, straps, etc.

The M Frame 3.0 (not yet released I believe) which is similar to the 2.0, but has no rubber on the stems for better fit under hearing protection and slipping in and out of helmets, etc. It's a closer fit to be used more easily with NVGs and other close-fitting, short eye relief optics, and has anti-fog lenses due to the closer fit.

Hybrid and Strike are the two lens sizes offered for M Frames through the SI program. You can get others as accessories I believe, and they used to offer a wider range of retail lenses.

Strike is slightly larger than Hybrid, extending further from the nose down toward the cheek bones. Both have similar wrap and rake, though I feel the Hybrid cuts in a little closer and the Strike is a tad more vertical

Strike offers a bit better coverage for me, Hybrid may work better if you're smaller.

I picked up used pairs on eBay for pretty good prices, but the 2.0 is getting faked more and more recently so you need to be careful. The 2.0 is also not technically sold outside the SI program, but with so many being issued they show up in surplus outlets and being sold by troops, and a few other places.

The 2.0 will accept standard M Frame lenses, and the clip can be removed from any of the frames that it comes on to use normal lenses without the hole.

I've used both for shooting and I prefer the standard 3rd Gen frame. It sits a bit more comfortably and for my head the stems are wrapped snug so they don't break the seal on my earmuffs.

Let me know if you have any more questions! I'm happy to help and can take pictures comparing the frames and lenses.

I know this is a 10 year old thread but I always come back to it and give the link to people and just wanted to thank whoever wrote it because it's a pretty comprehensive answer, especially now that there are even newer M Frames (the Alphas) and the SI website doesn't have the best descriptions on some items, if at all. So thank you.
There are a few versions of M Frames available through the SI program from Oakley.

The standard M Frame that comes with uprated lenses.

The "SI" M Frame that includes a ballistic clip to keep the lens from being knocked out of the frame when struck, flexed, stored, etc. The lenses have a hole above the nose for the clip. This change was made to conform to eye protection standards in the military that require the lens to not come free of the frame after an impact.

The M Frame 2.0, which is essentially a straight-stem frame to keep the temples less bulky and fit better under your helmet, straps, etc.

The M Frame 3.0 (not yet released I believe) which is similar to the 2.0, but has no rubber on the stems for better fit under hearing protection and slipping in and out of helmets, etc. It's a closer fit to be used more easily with NVGs and other close-fitting, short eye relief optics, and has anti-fog lenses due to the closer fit.

Hybrid and Strike are the two lens sizes offered for M Frames through the SI program. You can get others as accessories I believe, and they used to offer a wider range of retail lenses.

Strike is slightly larger than Hybrid, extending further from the nose down toward the cheek bones. Both have similar wrap and rake, though I feel the Hybrid cuts in a little closer and the Strike is a tad more vertical

Strike offers a bit better coverage for me, Hybrid may work better if you're smaller.

I picked up used pairs on eBay for pretty good prices, but the 2.0 is getting faked more and more recently so you need to be careful. The 2.0 is also not technically sold outside the SI program, but with so many being issued they show up in surplus outlets and being sold by troops, and a few other places.

The 2.0 will accept standard M Frame lenses, and the clip can be removed from any of the frames that it comes on to use normal lenses without the hole.

I've used both for shooting and I prefer the standard 3rd Gen frame. It sits a bit more comfortably and for my head the stems are wrapped snug so they don't break the seal on my earmuffs.

Let me know if you have any more questions! I'm happy to help and can take pictures comparing the frames and lenses.

Back