1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Joey

Joey Oakley Beginner

What are the differences between them as they all kind of look the same. Which one is the heaviest and which one is the lightest? Which one would you say is the best going out in the sun a lot and protect your eyes from the sun the most?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

They're different sizes. The biggest difference being that the Fast Jacket has switchlock - you flip a lever to change the lenses instead of flex the frame.

You'd need to try them on to see which fits best.

marc2040 likes this.
  3. marc2040

marc2040 Guest

4. Joey

Joey Oakley Beginner

I don't plan on switching lenses out that much as I got other oakley's I use for low light conditions.
    Which one would be best for running and playing basketball outside?
    Or all they all the same just difference size for different heads and faces?
    Half jacket- small
    flak- medium??
    fast- large??
    Am i right? I don't live near any SGH or Oakley store so I can't try them on.

5. marc2040

marc2040 Guest

Fast Jacket vs Fast Jacket XL
    Difference Between The Fast Jacket, Half Jacket, And Flak Jacket? - uxkloyx2.png Difference Between The Fast Jacket, Half Jacket, And Flak Jacket? - 4mept42k.png

Flak Jacket vs Flak Jacket XL
    Difference Between The Fast Jacket, Half Jacket, And Flak Jacket? - qtj4zxhm.png Difference Between The Fast Jacket, Half Jacket, And Flak Jacket? - mwhqfdzg.png

Half Jacket 2.0 vs Half Jacket 2.0 XL
    Difference Between The Fast Jacket, Half Jacket, And Flak Jacket? - and3fvvn.png Difference Between The Fast Jacket, Half Jacket, And Flak Jacket? - tklvvm68.png

6. Joey

Joey Oakley Beginner

Thanks so much marc2040, do happen to have a split jacket measurement like the one you posted too? Thanks

By the way i noticed the bridge of the fast jacket is only 9mm which is much smaller compared to the rest. Does this mean it is tighter and more snug on the nose bridge which will make it less prone to slipping off and be higher on the face?

7. marc2040

marc2040 Guest

PMD

8. Joey

Joey Oakley Beginner

Pretty much done? Do you mind posting it then or give a link on how you get it?

9. marc2040

marc2040 Guest

LOL Nope. Please check your conversations

10. Lexkempo

Lexkempo Frog Fanatic

Id say :

Flaks are the lightest and slimmest ... but swapping lenses is a hassle
    Fast's are a tiny bit heavier (because of the switch lock system), they aren't as slim ... but swapping is way easier
    Split's are the largest, heaviest, being full framed they'll cover much more, they can have a strap (and a wind gasket) added if you're cycler ...