• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Difference between XX Black 1Gen and later?

Stanley_O

Oakley Expert
Rostock
Hi guys;
I have a XX tio2 1gen (serialized) and I bough a pair of lenses (16-820) but I can not fit them in? Does anybody know if there is an issue with 1Gen Black Lenses for the XX compared to later versions?
Thanks in advance!

All xmetals have slight variations to the sizes across different batches. Sounds like your lenses are too big for your frame and need some shaving

Grab a sand paper power tool and go at it. Or just send it in to someone who cuts lenses and help do it for you

If you still have the original lenses, you can (carefully) lay the old and new on top of each other and see where the larger ones need to be shaved. I've done it before with some micro-grit sandpaper by hand; just do a little then check, a little more then check, etc. You can always remove more material but you can't put it back...

I have found that the safest way is to lay the sandpaper flat on a table and run the lens edge over it.

If the sandpaper is in your hand it's too easy to slip and ruin the face of the lens

Back