1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Stanley_O

Stanley_O Oakley Beginner

Hi guys;
    I have a XX tio2 1gen (serialized) and I bough a pair of lenses (16-820) but I can not fit them in? Does anybody know if there is an issue with 1Gen Black Lenses for the XX compared to later versions?
    Thanks in advance!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. jdd32

jdd32 X Metal Workshop

All xmetals have slight variations to the sizes across different batches. Sounds like your lenses are too big for your frame and need some shaving

3. Stanley_O

Hi;
    thanks for the reply: yes they have to get smaller somehow... Is there any thread explaining how to do it?

4. jdd32

jdd32 X Metal Workshop

Grab a sand paper power tool and go at it. Or just send it in to someone who cuts lenses and help do it for you

5. SiRacer420

SiRacer420 I've got a few Oakleys

6. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

I have run into this very exact issue many times. Just need to make sure you know WHERE to take the lens down at.

kronin323 and discostu like this.
  7. Stanley_O

It most probably wont end well, no question ... furtunately I bough 4 pairs ;)

No seriously, I will check have to out somebody to do it (though I am in Europe), the tio2 is 1Gen and almost perfectly new (just a few spots on the lens) so I might have to go the safe road here...

SiRacer420 and discostu like this.
  8. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

If you still have the original lenses, you can (carefully) lay the old and new on top of each other and see where the larger ones need to be shaved. I've done it before with some micro-grit sandpaper by hand; just do a little then check, a little more then check, etc. You can always remove more material but you can't put it back...

9. lee.s.b

lee.s.b Oakley Enthusiast

I have found that the safest way is to lay the sandpaper flat on a table and run the lens edge over it.

If the sandpaper is in your hand it's too easy to slip and ruin the face of the lens

Bronzefunk likes this.
  10. Stanley_O

Thanks for the support!