1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. MarcelN

MarcelN Oakley Beginner

:blink:

I have an older pair of infrared / photochromatic radars and just bought new black iridium lens. I have discovered that the size of the new lens (both are path) is different! Anyone noticed that too? The black iridium lens when installed is a little bit loose, so when I shake the glasses they're moving in a frame making sound...

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

the lenses arent meant to be loose in the frame dude... but there IS a generational difference in the path shape.. the new ones are sharper in the corners. i like the look of the old type path better.

i would return those lenses

3. MarcelN

MarcelN Oakley Beginner

And now the photochromatic lens when installed is loose, after I have used the newer lens in these frames, WHAT F...IN JOKE!!!!

4. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

you sure you didnt damage the frame during your installation..? cos sounds like you did dude.

check the nosebridge piece is secure and not cracked or something.

5. MarcelN

MarcelN Oakley Beginner

everything is properly installed right, the old lens doesn't sound as loose as the new one, but it rattles a bit and it was silent and felt firm before. When I move the old lens to the sides there's maybe 0.5 mm of movement. I am running every day, sometimes 2 times a days and I clean the frames and lens after every run, I do clean the lens after uninstalling it maybe once a week so I know how to install it properly. Why did Oakley change lens shape and size and never informed about it? I have now one useless lens and slightly damaged frame :mad:

6. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

hmm weird. i bet you could make it work by stuffing some paper in the top of the frame to stop the rattling. but its annoying.

and yeh, i dont think there was meant to be compatibility issues, but i guess there are some...

7. Mikkelf

Mikkelf Oakley Beginner

You didn't by accident buy a Radarlock lense instead of a Radar lense ?

8. MarcelN

MarcelN Oakley Beginner

No, I know what I'm doing with my Oakleys, the frame with the old photochromic lens now rattles and make noises like some f...ck piece of shitty $10 glasses. They did seat in a frame nice and firm 2 hours ago before I have installed this new f....n lens! I'm sorry for my language, but I'm totally pissed.

There is a big difference in a lens shape. The newer ones are more curved and are narrower (maybe few mms)