• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Difference in Shapes for Jawbreaker Lenses?

Hey Guys, I know this may be an older thread but I can't find anything online relating to this problem. I too have prizm trail jawbreakers with rounded corners on the lenses and recently got prizm road lenses to interchange but they are squared off more and don't fit. Both lenses and glasses 100% not fake. Did anyone find out what was up?

Thanks

Hey Guys, I know this may be an older thread but I can't find anything online relating to this problem. I too have prizm trail jawbreakers with rounded corners on the lenses and recently got prizm road lenses to interchange but they are squared off more and don't fit. Both lenses and glasses 100% not fake. Did anyone find out what was up?

Thanks

Is the frame that your prizm trail lens came with, a sample unit? Check for the word 'Sample' stamped on the inside of the stem, can't remember if its left or right.
If so, you won't be able to fit the Prizm road on it.

Lenses on JB samples have rounded corners and the regular JB (current retail) ones have squared off corners.

Is the frame that your prizm trail lens came with, a sample unit? Check for the word 'Sample' stamped on the inside of the stem, can't remember if its left or right.
If so, you won't be able to fit the Prizm road on it.

Lenses on JB samples have rounded corners and the regular JB (current retail) ones have squared off corners.

Is this the official answer to the issue in this thread? I have this issue and can't find a resolution.

I'd like to resurrect this thread in hopes someone has some new answers. Where do I get sample lenses
That fit my sample frames?

I don't see sample, but they came with large letters on each side of the lens. So assume they are.

Do I have to get @Chris A Hardaway to trim them ?

Last edited:
The same thing happened to my radar ev pitch.. Old radar ev pitch lenses ( i am talking about when it is first released in 2015) has a lens shape that at the edges the lens came at middle of the icon.. But newly manufactured radar ev pitch lenses are shorter at the edges..I have old radar ev pitch lens and i newly bought one prizm cricket and one prizm baseball radar ev pitch..both lenses have clean difference at the edge.. I am not talking radar ev Asian fit.. I am totally aware of the lens shape.. I am talking about radar ev pitch.

I just encountered this same issue. I bought a pair of the "unreleased" Polished Uranium frames off of eBay a while ago. They came with the TDF lenses with the rounded corners. I just noticed when I tried to do a lens swap and standard Jawbreaker lenses won't fit. So it looks like Polished Uranium has the same cut as the Sample frames. Just wanted to make other aware, in case you're in the market for polished variant.

I really don't think that's the case. I'd find it hard to believe they just cut a bunch of lenses wrong. I'll see about looking at some other lenses in a store tomorrow and looking at mine.

Just looked at both of my pair and they have the tall sharp corner. Where's your TDF pair from?

Manufacturing anomaly, if you can get the proof of purchase from the guy/gal you bought them from then contact Oakley and I'm sure they'll replace it for you.
I had similar situation where purchased replacement lens from reputable company, REVANT OPTICS, and to my surprise it will not fit my existing Oakley frame. The edges won't fit properly and I can't figure out for the life of me why. They sent me second replacement lens and still won't fit. The model of my frame is OO9290-11(121). I believe 9290 is the frame and everything that follows is color of frame, etc. Not sure what (121) represents. See attach pic, any suggestions or thoughts on this? I am wondering if my frame is one-off. Appreciate any feedback!

image0-2.jpeg

image1-2.jpeg

Latest Posts

Back