1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Mr. O

Mr. O Oakley Beginner

Hi everyone. Please need some help or explanation, What is the difference of Penny polished and titanium frame? I mean to say, what kind of metal are this two? Are they the same Titanium alloy? Thank you in advance for the answer...

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

Yes, they are the same Ti alloy metal, just finished differently. The polished finish is shiny while the Ti finish is more muted.

motoGP_fanatic likes this.
  3. pjd1234

pjd1234 X METAL NERD

There should be pix here bro just do your research.

4. pjd1234

pjd1234 X METAL NERD

Polish frame Difference of Penny polished and Titanium frame? - image.jpg

5. pjd1234

pjd1234 X METAL NERD

Titanium frame 1st gen Difference of Penny polished and Titanium frame? - image.jpg

6. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

Juliets rather than Pennys but the same thing holds true - http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/the-9-oem-juliet-frame-finishes.45047/

The alloy is the same but the finish used varies. The Penny doesn't have as many finishes as the Juliet though, just copper (which the Juliet doesn't have, although some have plated Juliets with real copper), polished, titanium and x-metal. There is some debate over whether a TiO2 Penny was actually released or not.

7. DrtyHarry

DrtyHarry Oakley Collector

Got both....the titanium finish looks better. IMHO...the polished looks somewhat fake. But....I bought a poloshed MM watch so it matches. Especially once I get the chrome polar iridium lenses put it. Bling bling!!

But yeah....I like the X-Metal, than the titanium, than the polished. Having the X-Man do a Penny and Juliet frame for me in Ceracote black (with 24K polar iridium lenses)....those will look nice!!

8. Mr. O

Mr. O Oakley Beginner

Bro heres my polished penny, another question, now my penny was so mint and no scraches in the frame. It there a chance that my penny will fade or change the color even I always taking care of it?

Difference of Penny polished and Titanium frame? - received_10203558373158825.jpeg

9. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

I've seen/heard of discoloration in early plasma and Ti finishes, and degradation/flaking in others, but not with polished AFAIK...

discostu likes this.
  10. discostu

discostu Oakley Expert Premium Member

I concur ! :)

kronin323 likes this.